New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new civic owner (imagine that)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Default new civic owner (imagine that)

Okay, seems to be the thing to do when you first join here (judging from the post log).

I just bought a 2005 Civic LX 5spd coupe. It's sweet, I love it. I had been driving a 2000 Accord LX (automatic) for the last 3 years (my parents bought it new, during college they let me use it), so I'm pretty much in love with Honda autos. Got a pretty good deal on the car, $100 over invoice without any dickering at all (got a good dealership, always friendly). It's the smoothest shifting vehicle I have ever driven; my father only buys automatics these days, but this car made him consider not only buying a civic (he has two accords), but also getting the manual transmission.

Anyway, don't think I'll do any modding to it just yet. Does modding void the warranty? (probably a stupid question) Just want to poke around and learn some things, get an idea of what can be done, what can be expected, blah blah blah.

I read through the two stickified posts here in the newb forum. I already knew most of the terminology (Who says video games are a waste of time? I've learned more from Gran Turismo than most of my college classes), but the beginner's mods thread was pretty interesting. Does anyone have any links to some pages where I can learn more about my car, what things can be done to it, etc?

Old 07-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: new civic owner (imagine that)

First off, welcome to the forum. Check out some of the recent threads as there have been like 5 people that recently joined with the same car as yours, and they are ALL talking about warranties. Good luck with the new rid,e i know you'll love it!

Heres the most recent 05 LX SE Warranty Thread