New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to the Civic world

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Default New to the Civic world

I am 30 and in metro Detroit and I just bought my first Civic Friday and have alot to learn. Lets start by saying I bought a 95 Civic with a D16x6 swap,Turbo,intercooler,coil overs,3"exhaust,short throw,and KONIG 17".

The car has 240,000 on the body and I dont know what was on the motor but I picked up the car off of Craigslist for 1,600 and got 4.1 miles from the guys house and threw a rod and put a hole in the block the size of a base ball. The clutch was shot and if you went any higher than 2,500 rpms the clutch would slip so went the motor went I was doing around 55 and 2,500 rpm.

So know I am thinking of doing a mini me swap with a motor my buddy has in a civic that was hit in the rear. I just want to use the block so I wont need to purchase anything for the swap because its all in my car. I have already pulled the head and it has a really light spot were the piston hit the head but with a little shaving the head will be fine.

I have been searching for a D16z6 block to start a build on from the ground up and I will build my own heads. I am having a hard time finding a turbo header for my car but Im sure I will figure out something. The exhaust manifold has been modded for the turbo and works but not what I want. I am planning on going threw this car and replacing part as I seem fit.

I will post picks of the car and of the motor after I removed the heads and if any one can help me with finding a turbo header it would be great. Let me know what you guys think of this car and if you think it was still worth it after the motor blew. I have to go to the police station tommarro to file a police report to take legal actions against this guy because he said he would pay for a new motor and has know been blowing me off and not answering my call or emails so Im in a sh**y spot as of now.

Attached Thumbnails New to the Civic world-100_2495.jpg   New to the Civic world-100_2496.jpg   New to the Civic world-100_2497.jpg   New to the Civic world-100_2498.jpg   New to the Civic world-100_2500.jpg  

Old 02-28-2010, 08:03 PM

Welcome to the forum. That's a really shady situation, hope it works out.

I recommend using photobucket to host your pics. Thats so we can see them full size in your posts.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:44 PM

Welcome to the forum. Whats the car tuned on?

There are plenty of turbo manifolds available for the d series. Ebay, forums, and (gulp...) craigslist. You just have to know what to look for.

What brand/size turbo is it?

Good luck with everything regarding the police report. Did you guys sign a Bill of Sale stating any type of warranties/etc.? If not, good luck. Words usually mean nothing in these types of things.