New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new with civics...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Default new with civics...

hey hows it doin everybody? i just got my hands on my first civic.. and im sad to announce im having troubles with it... you guys seem to have a nice forum here with some intelegent people who offer great help... so hopefully maybe i can get this car up and running again and be on down the road

its a 98 HX with 37,000 miles, i traded a 63 impala ss for it cause i needed a daily driver.. its got some "ricer" stuff on it... body kit, gtr wing, 17's, cold air intake (oddly placed behind the radiator ???) dual exhaust (with huge tips ???) i dunno some people think its cool.. personally im a lowrider... im working on what seems to be a career project 77 monte carlo.. its not my favortie car, but like an adolecent dumbass i poured an insane ammount of cash and hard work into it and now im stuck..

if anyone cares they can see my monte at www.sounddomain.com/id/matseely

Old 12-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Default RE: new with civics...

hey hows it doin everybody? i just got my hands on my first civic.. and im sad to announce im having troubles with it... you guys seem to have a nice forum here with some intelegent people who offer great help... so hopefully maybe i can get this car up and running again and be on down the road

its a 98 HX with 37,000 miles
sure it is 37k miles. And that is way to soon to have problems with a civic. That dumb *** that you bought the car from probably didn't maintain it at all. Anyways saw your rides sweet cars especially your dads Corvette.

Old 12-18-2004, 12:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Vovka86

its a 98 HX with 37,000 miles
sure it is 37k miles. And that is way to soon to have problems with a civic. That dumb *** that you bought the car from probably didn't maintain it at all. Anyways saw your rides sweet cars especially your dads Corvette.
yeah the mileage seems low... but the more i look over this car it looks like it was crashed at one time, and repaired, and then i got it...

Old 12-18-2004, 01:37 AM

Even if it is a salvage car civic are easy cars to fix. I totaled my Hatch(I really mean totaled it) 50mph into the side of a minivan. It sucks that I don't have the pix but anyways pasenger side was about half way in and it cost me about 1200 dollars to fix with labor and parts not painted thou. It still runs strong. Are u sure it has actual miles. But I guess it is possible that is was sitting in the shop to get fixed for very long so that why it has such a low milage. SO what is wrong with the car anyways is it drivable, and mainly is it 5sp.

Old 12-18-2004, 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Vovka86

Even if it is a salvage car civic are easy cars to fix. I totaled my Hatch(I really mean totaled it) 50mph into the side of a minivan. It sucks that I don't have the pix but anyways pasenger side was about half way in and it cost me about 1200 dollars to fix with labor and parts not painted thou. It still runs strong. Are u sure it has actual miles. But I guess it is possible that is was sitting in the shop to get fixed for very long so that why it has such a low milage. SO what is wrong with the car anyways is it drivable, and mainly is it 5sp.
damn man 50 mph into the side of a minivan is no joke! good to hear you made it out okay and got the car back straight.. to be honest im not 100% sure if it is really actual miles, but the car has no spark... i was told it was the coil, but we tested it further and we can get spark outa the coil.. there is just no power gong into the coil... and yes it is a 5 speed car.. HX model... if that means anything i dont know...

Old 12-19-2004, 09:54 AM

that is hella early to be havin problems. what's wrong with it?

Old 12-19-2004, 01:15 PM

yeah it does seem a bit early, but it looks to me like someone has changed the distributor for a new one and maybe wired something in wrong... i was advised to change the "ignitor" or i guess thats the ignition module, but the parts stores around here dont carry them and its like $120... [:@]

Old 12-19-2004, 02:33 PM

If you plan to mod your engine in the future, you might as well get a module from MSD.

Old 12-20-2004, 12:28 PM

I'm pretty knowledgable about civics...what problems are you having with it?? IMO: ditch the exhaust and wing. Don't be too ricer with it. Just let me know what's going on with it, and we'll try to work out the glitches.