New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 02:20 PM
HCF Member
Default New to the forum

[align=left]I just bought a 1995 Honda Civic 4 door that was a project car and not finished. So, I am going to finish it, but finish it the way I want to of course. It only has a 1.5 non VTEC but it is fine for now as it has low miles on it. I figure I will just run it until it blows and build or find a DOHC VTEC in the mean time.

Anyways, I am hoping to find out some information through here like how to prep and paint interior parts since the person before me allready started it and I do not like the color of it and want to paint it to the color that I like instead of buying a complete interior. But then I am not even sure if painting it in the first place was such a great idea so I might have to replace all of the interior in the long run anyway.

The body needs some work, no major dents or anything, just allot of installing missing parts like the fenders and getting factory bumpers on it because it came with a really ugly body kit not attached to it which I am probably just going to try to sell and get lower lips around the car. It should look good especially since the car is allready lowered. And I want to paint it all black, with the door jams, enging compartment, and trunk area which I am planning on doing myself.

I just picked up th ecar 2 days ago and I am going to take pictures of it today so maybee I will figure out a way to post pictures of how it is now, how it is going and when it is done. And hopefully I can learn allot of things here and give some tips since I am a Auto Technician for an Import repair facility and have allot of Honda Experience.
[/align]

Old 02-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Default RE: New to the forum

Do you have any photos of it now? And keep us posted about what happens. Welcome to HCF

Old 02-18-2007, 04:09 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

sounds like you picked yourself up a nice little project car. welcome to hcf

Old 02-19-2007, 01:10 AM
HCF Member

Thanks, I have pictures but just need to figure out how to put them up. I will try after posting this.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 02-19-2007, 01:16 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: aryiman98civic

sounds like you picked yourself up a nice little project car. welcome to hcf
Thanks, yeah it is a project allright. Just got done painting 4 of the interior peices. I am hella lightheaded LOL.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:26 AM

well if you want to paint your interior pieces it would be easy if you took resin to the material that is already on it, let it dry, bondo it, sand it, and then paint it. if you want it to look half way good. just my opinion though. oh and welcome to hcf.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:33 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Da Chump

Do you have any photos of it now? And keep us posted about what happens. Welcome to HCF
Well, I figured out how to make a photo gallery, but for some reason my computer is not doing anything when I click on "Browse" to upload photo's. It happened to me for Craigslist also. I will figure it out though and get some pictures up soon. Thanks Again, Mark.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:37 AM
HCF Member

so thats how thats done.... just glass over the existing parts, sand fill and paint.. thats easier than i thought... i was afraid i was gonna hage to buy a bunch of expensive parts... ok... so heres the question.. how do you get the new glass and resin to stick to the old parts?

Old 02-20-2007, 08:55 AM

wazzup guys, im just another new kid on da block. im just glad to be a part of a honda family...

Old 02-20-2007, 09:22 AM

Hey whats up people. I also have a 1995, 4 door civic. I t could be classified as a project car now that my boyfirend got his hands on it.The paint is starting to chip real bad, the left back door does not have a window roller or a handle. There is a little wire that you have to pull in order to open the door. The right back door does not have a window roller and now has a huge dent in it because so old guy hit my boyfriend on his way home. The old guy hit him soo bad that the trailing arm was shaped like a V and the tire was lying on a 45 degree angle. We thought that the car wasn't going to be drivable anymore but with a little fixxing up and hitting the dents out she still runs.there is no rear view mirror, part of the dash is out (boyfriend was gonna put some gauges in there but hasn't gotten around to it), there is no more carpet in in because it was all torn,but other than that lol it's still pretty good.

The car is lowered, and it now has a vtech engine in her. We added some fog lights to it that are bright enough to be headlights (which we sometimes use as headlights lol). She has a new oil filter and a bunch of new little stuff for it. I will get pics of her and post them, Ones before it was lowered and in an accident , and ones after she was lowered and in the accident.

Quick Reply: New to the forum