New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Default New to forum

Just joined the forum today and thought I'd say hello.

I have a 2004 Honda Civic. It's my first Honda. Nothing special about it but I LOVE IT!! I've got a lil over 114,000 miles on it and it still runs like the first day I bought it almost 4 yrs ago.

I do have a question, not sure if posting it here is the correct place or not. Has anyone ever changed their timing belts (to keep up with the maintenance schedule) or HAD to replace it due to wear n tear? I've never had it done to any other car I've owned, but my bf thinks that I should get it done to keep it running well since I plan on keeping the car for a long time to come. Any suggestions would be great!!

Old 01-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Default RE: New to forum

Hiya, wow thats some serious mileage... getting on for 30k a year! I'm not sure I can be too much help in replying to your question in terms of technical information but I was told to get mine changed every 50k and if you're knocking up those kinda miles then it might be worth it. Did have one that frayed once on an old Peugeot (yuck I know), after about 70k and it sounded noisy and would have caused some serious problems had it gone.

FYI I have just done a quick search on Google and some people say to get a major service done every 36k including timing belts.

Best of Luck!

Old 01-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Default RE: New to forum

I'm wondering about the timing belt thing because the book that came with the car said it should be done at about 105,000 miles. And yea...I LOVE my honda....im in it most of the time....runnin here, there and everywhere! Its been to Canada too!!