New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new to the forum and just wanted to say hi

Old 04-29-2008, 09:31 AM
HCF Member
Default new to the forum and just wanted to say hi

i have a '96 civic EX 1.6L SOHC with an A3 racing tip. (got it at advanced auto for $50!!!!) anywho, its a 5-spd but the clutch went out on it and i cant even get it moved from where its parked right now, so im lookin for a stock clutch A.T.M. after i get some money saved up im looking to get a full cat back on it with a 4-2-1 header. some lowering springs to drop it about 2 inches, and POSSIBLY put a 6-spd in there. so i have thought about all that good stuff but i have not decided on what kind of rims i want yet... but for the moment im going to start with appearance. the car is stock black and i want to paint it a metalic black to get a nice sparkling look. enough with the rant though, give me your feed back on what you guys think!!!!

Old 04-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Default RE: new to the forum and just wanted to say hi

Do some research before you buy,
function is everything over looks(i.e.hood scoops that do nothing)
quality parts,quality parts,quality parts---you get what you pay for
Try not to spend all your money in Auto Zone/Pep Boys/Advanced Auto

Believe me it pays to be patient, research your parts and why, save your money for quality pieces.

Above all its your car so do what you like without regard to popular opinion when it comes to color...etc

Just be smart about it!

Good luck

Old 05-05-2008, 07:28 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Anchorman

Do some research before you buy,
function is everything over looks(i.e.hood scoops that do nothing)
quality parts,quality parts,quality parts---you get what you pay for
Try not to spend all your money in Auto Zone/Pep Boys/Advanced Auto

Believe me it pays to be patient, research your parts and why, save your money for quality pieces.

Above all its your car so do what you like without regard to popular opinion when it comes to color...etc

Just be smart about it!

Good luck

just to make clarification, how would YOU recomend painting the car?

Old 05-06-2008, 11:53 AM

Welcome. Sounds good..besides the blown clutch.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:31 AM
HCF Member

i have a '96 civic EX 1.6L SOHC with an A3 racing tip. (got it at advanced auto for $50!!!!) anywho, its a 5-spd but the clutch went out on it and i cant even get it moved from where its parked right now, so im lookin for a stock clutch A.T.M. after i get some money saved up im looking to get a full cat back on it with a 4-2-1 header. some lowering springs to drop it about 2 inches, and POSSIBLY put a 6-spd in there. so i have thought about all that good stuff but i have not decided on what kind of rims i want yet... but for the moment im going to start with appearance. the car is stock black and i want to paint it a metalic black to get a nice sparkling look. enough with the rant though, give me your feed back on what you guys think!!!!

ok thats the old (un-revised) version of my thoughts.... right now all i want to do is get black rims, and drop it about 2 inches... i EVENTUALLY want to drop a b18 OR b20 engine in it... THEN im gunna drop a 6 spd into it... i topped it out in 4th the other day at 110, well thats when it decided it didnt wanna go no faster and the rev limiter kicked in... i still wanna paint it metallic black... i dunno exactly what else i wanna do to it right atm.. hit me back with opinions of what you think k thx

Old 05-11-2008, 09:48 AM
HCF Member

Hey check out the nifty little 'EDIT' button. top right of your post
it helps rather than having to re-type everything. you can just update your original post

Old 05-11-2008, 03:55 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: macbeth18288

Hey check out the nifty little 'EDIT' button. top right of your post
it helps rather than having to re-type everything. you can just update your original post
i knew that.. but i just figured more ppl would actually read it rather than just scrolling over it and copy/paste helps too [:'(]

Old 05-12-2008, 09:52 AM

I understand.
Edit button is mostly useful for classifieds. Making spelling/grammar mistakes, but some people will read it once and if you edit it, noone will really care/notice.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:12 PM
HCF Member

so i got pics now.. here are the links:

hood:http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j..._kyle/hood.jpg

windsheild decal:http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...windsheild.jpg

rear:http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j..._kyle/rear.jpg

drivers side:http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...le/dirvers.jpg

engine:http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...yle/engine.jpg

thats all i have for pics. OH and for an update i made my own cat back... punched out the cat, took off the silenser and piped it all together, cost me $38 for 10 things.. :S but it sounds like a 5zigen cat back so its all good. kept my A3 racing tip on btw. just wanted to update for you 8D oh almost forgot, got the new clutch 2 weeks ago, it was all re-assembled in 5 1/2 hours (GO ME!!!!)

Old 05-17-2008, 10:29 PM
HCF Member

i'm sorry to offend you, but what the hell are you talking about in any of your posts? it's too hard to follow your typing.

and

#1 only 6 speed tranny you can get is with a k series swap
#2 why did you spend fifty bucks on a crappy auto parts exhaust tip?
#3 if you want to swap out for a b series motor, why are you doing all of your exhaust and intake work right now?
#4 I would recommend letting a professional paint your car, and not some buddy or friend that might know how
#5 and why did you have to reach 110 mph on public roads with other families on the road
and why do you think that speed limiter is in your car in the first place?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new to the forum and just wanted to say hi