New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new to forum looking for project autox

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 05:54 AM
olv
HCF Member
Default new to forum looking for project autox

Hello my name is mark new to this forum and honda. I'm usually more into domestics. I know civics can be contenders when done right. I'm looking into starting a project autox car with in about 2 years when i get out of the military so just doing research on here. I figured get the shell of an early 90's hatch and build ground up. invest in a B18C(non vtec) correct me if im wrong here. I'll be building to take FI(s/c). Forged internals are going to be a must on this. Need to do more research into suspension and trans work though. Any opinions or help is welcome.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:13 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: new to forum looking for project autox

well, i have always been found of hatchies... and b series... depending on how much boost you want to run...if i remeber correctly, the b18 (on stock internals) can handle 6 psi of boost daily, 7-8 track.? (i think) im not sure how long it will handle it...but if its just a project car, not a daily driver, it wont matter much. but if you plan on having more boos, you will need to get fordged internals, fule rail, injectors, pump. some kind of engine management, (or just a good air/fuel ratio tuner if you cant go stand-alone) i would keep the 6 speed, but maybey regear or just build it (harder gears) and adjustable coil over suspension such as tein or skunk 2. depending on your budget... you can also get some better times by gutting all of your interior...and get a racing seat and harness set up.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:13 PM
mxs
HCF Member

sounds like a good/fun project; of course any engine swap will put you into Street Mod which is a very expensive class if you want to be competitive. there's some good info on the subject here. http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1759927

Old 11-08-2006, 11:55 PM
olv
HCF Member

well this projects budget will be around $20,000. Internals will definitely get changed out. But this isnt going to be just strictly autox it will remain street legal. I'm not looking to go pro autox or anything. maybe just do a few local races with it for the heck of it. Appearance wise i'm not going to go crazy. I personally hate body kits and oversized wings. Interior i'm not into car systems. The most i'd do is a cd player and change out the old speakers. the majority of the money would be dumped into the engine and suspension.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:01 AM
HCF Member

Sounds like a real good plan, keep us updated on the progress and take many pictures along the way.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:05 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: olv

well this projects budget will be around $20,000.
okay, well you could build a killer hatch for half that, including the cost of the car.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:49 AM
olv
HCF Member

is the B18C the way to go for what i want then?

Old 11-09-2006, 09:11 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

make sure you get a killer suspension

b18c sounds like a good engine to go with, i dont know much about autox, all i know is that you need a good suspension and some good *** tires

welcome to the forum

Old 11-09-2006, 11:35 AM
olv
HCF Member

alright heres what im figuring so far. B18C is a good choice to go with. Reasoning- Lower compression should make it take well to FI mainly S/C for autox purposes. Not to heavy of an engine. an H22 would be to heavy for this sort of project my question for you is would a K20 be to much(heavy) for autox?

Old 11-09-2006, 11:38 AM
olv
HCF Member

MXS thanks man. I chose the civic because i want to push the cars limits not the budget that im setting for it.