New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new to forum, my first civic

Old 10-05-2008, 07:17 AM
Default new to forum, my first civic

hi i recently purchased a 93 honda civic ex, so i am new to this site. i have a few questions if you could help. first my car engine doesnt say "Vtec" on it so how do i kno it is? also what is a "type R" civic, what makes a JDM civic and what does JDM actually stand for? japanese i kno lol so besides right hand drive, what is the difference. also i woud like to put a spoiler like the integra "type R" would that fit on the trunk?(any pics?)

My last car i bought BOSAL cat back exhaust and that is really LOUD rumble. i found Tanabe exhaust, which is sposed to be quiet and i want quiet but not a fart can or that high RPM range buzz any help?

Also is it easier to get the 1pc assembly for your headlights or get the headlights and then side markers/turnsignals seperate? I still have many more questions but this is good for now

I am wanting a really luxury LOOKING car quiet, low, tinted windows, clean look. i think i am over the loud, underglow, bass look(been there done that)

Old 10-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Banned

Welcome to forum,. mods sound clean. Update with pics?

Old 10-08-2008, 07:37 PM
HCF Member

A JDM civic is one that was bought in Japan, for the Japanese market, so it has steering on the righthand side.