New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to The Forum needdd helllpppp!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Default New to The Forum needdd helllpppp!!!!

Hi My name Is Jose....I've had 2 Hondas so far and loved both I sold one after I did a B16 swap into it because the wiring inside was hell and i didn't wanna deal with it....It was a 93 Honda civic Si HB and quick but i jus gave up on it....Now i got a 90 Honda civic dx HB but the wiring on it is perfect so im not gonna give up on this one. I bought it for 500 bucks and the only thing wrong with it was the horrific glitter paint job they had on it....But since then i have sanded it all down i took out the side molding and am in the process of filling it with bondo and stuff i also filling in the top with bondo. I put HID lights on it. I got a decent system and thats about it. I wanna try and finish the door asap so that i can get it primered and painted which is the first thing i wanna do. Then i want to redo the interior all black cause right now its black and gray. Tinting the windows is a must. I also wanna lower it just a little so that when i get some 17's on it it will tuck a little. im not putting no kit or anything on it just staying stock. Now the only thing i am confused on is what motor to go with and also it is an automatic so i difinitly wanna change it to a manual. maybe somebody can help me with it a lil... And money isn't an issue cause i m good at saving up. so far ive looked at b18c from the type r cause thats the engine i see with the most horse power but im thinking i might wanna boost later on so i don't know if that a good choice someone give me some help with this...Ill post pics when i get a chance

Old 12-23-2006, 11:04 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New to The Forum needdd helllpppp!!!!

paragraphs are your friend...

Old 12-24-2006, 02:20 PM

there is imaginary paragraphs

Old 12-24-2006, 02:38 PM

if youre considering boost pick up the b18c1. the integra gsr engine. it has good hp and trq stock, not as much as
the type r though, but still a good decent amount. the type r engineis real expensive and its not good for boost because it has high compression. if you decide to get the type r its better to gono forced induction,because ripping it apartto build it for boost iskinda ruining what you paid for, which is a type r engine! it would be cheaper and make more sense to buy a the gsr engine and build if for boost rather than buying the type r engine and building it for boost. and if you decide not to boost the gsr engine its still a pretty bad *** engine n/a.

Old 12-25-2006, 12:12 PM

which would be better if i went and got the b18c and the money i would buy boost with just throw it into the engine or should i just go with the b18c1 and get the boost and do minor engine mods.

Old 12-25-2006, 09:05 PM

well its up to you really. the boosted b18c1 would be faster than a n/a type r b18c. especially if you build the engine for it to handle more boost.

Old 12-26-2006, 01:44 AM

boosted gsr's are a great way to go, toss some low comp pistons in there and your ready. maybe 8.5:1 or 9:1

Old 12-26-2006, 08:46 AM
HCF Member

Coles notes?....

Old 01-07-2007, 11:49 PM

Name:  DSCF0702.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  56.4 KB

Name:  DSCF0703.jpg
Size:  48.2 KB

Name:  DSCF0706.jpg
Size:  23.8 KB
Just Name:  DSCF0704.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  42.7 KB
finished my car like 2 days ago i sanded down the ugly *** paint job and i sprayed it with black primer and it looks a hell of a lot better imma post some pics........i also got one with the HIDs that i just put on but you can't tell....

Old 01-08-2007, 02:49 AM
HCF Member

anything done to that prelude in the back ground? that's a good n/a project...

wish i had one... love em.

good luck with ur civ tho, sounds like u've got some plans.

Quick Reply: New to The Forum needdd helllpppp!!!!