New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new to the game

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 01:32 AM
Default new to the game

Hello everyone... I'm new at this so just bare with me for a moment. I own a 99 civic si... been wanting to tune it just don't know where to start... When I purchased her, she already had low-profile tires, slotted/drilled rotors, stock brakes, stock sport-suspension, upgraded headers and upgraded air-intake, the gears where messed with and the v-tec cracks at a higher rpm... But now where too... Would like to put a cat-back exhaust system (probably DC Sport) but concerned cause I don't want noise (want more power!) If anyone has any suggestions please, would appreciate the advice... I was also thinking about putting a super-charger (perferrably a vortec)(any insight one the vortec superchargers would also be appreciated) in her but unsure about that too.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:20 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: new to the game

youll find that most civic owners dont go w/ a supercharger. Instead they go turbo. As for the cat back how much were you looking to spend?

Old 08-22-2006, 10:54 PM

well, I saw online that I can get a DC Sport cat-back exhaust system for under $400... If I would install a turbo wouldn't I have to do something with the v-tech

Old 08-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Default spoilers...

What is with people and spoilers, can't tell you how many people come up to me and ask me if I'm going to put a spoiler on my car... Really don't want to, first off the car looks great without it and second off, I don't have enough power under the hood to begin with to run with a spoiler.... BTW was wondering the horse power in a stock 99 civic v-tech dohc 1.6L.

Old 08-22-2006, 11:27 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: spoilers...

for turbos and superchargers you can go look in that forum
and for exhaust you can go look in that forum for some more help.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM if you need help with anything feel free to pm me!

Old 08-22-2006, 11:41 PM

ORIGINAL: jbsi99

well, I saw online that I can get a DC Sport cat-back exhaust system for under $400... If I would install a turbo wouldn't I have to do something with the v-tech
WELCOME! first things first, its v-tec not v-tech..vtech is the cordless phone at my old job and i actually saw a vtech computer at radio shack today so thats a new one....if ur planning on turbo, dont buy a header or intake, u'll end up getting rid of them and it'll be a waist of money. exhaust, u could do and u'd want a 3"diameter piping for a turbo but if u slap it on there with no turbo u'll lose power untill then...and its a good thing u dont want a spoiler, IMO extremely pointless and stupid. OEM ones look pretty good tho but even still i'd rather spend money on performance..