New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new girl from Dayton Oh

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:15 PM
Default RE: new girl

thanks for the welcome i cant stand body kits i am all go no show type of girl. a showy car will get you looks but speed will get you respect and especially if you have a clean sleeper that no one will expect that you have a ton done to the motor and can smoke all of the rice kids out there.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:39 PM
HCF Member

yay bodykit and wing = bad combination. and what in the world is a " sleeper?" I have wondered that for about well.... ever!

Old 08-21-2006, 09:00 PM

a sleeper is a car that is clean that looks factory with maybe a carbon fiber hood and lowered just depends but its a clean car with no body kit and gay *** wing it just looks clean and is decently fast and doesent stand out to much in traffic. atleast thats my Interpretation of it.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:05 PM

Sleeper= looks stock but is fast.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:27 PM

Welcome to the forum, post some picks so we can see what your workin with.

Old 08-21-2006, 11:38 PM
HCF Member

we all wanna see pics.

Old 08-21-2006, 11:47 PM

ORIGINAL: bateater

yay bodykit and wing = bad combination. and what in the world is a " sleeper?" I have wondered that for about well.... ever!
nothing done to the exterior, no flashy crap etc...alll money dumped into engine to make it go fast. so when u go to the track or w/e ppl are like "ohh look another crappy stock civic blah blah blah" then BAM!! 10sec car!!!! haha well if it's a 10sec civic i think there might be something to give it away but ya, i think u get the drift...

Old 08-22-2006, 07:26 AM
Default RE: new girl from Dayton Oh

well i am new to the forum...i am a girl that loves cars and to get dirty while working on them.... i just bought a 95 civic si and i love it. my civic has 127000 on it but it has a rebuilt motor i cant wait to start on my mods. i want to turbo it first but i still am not sure what i want... but i do know i want a clean and fast daily driver. it is a VTEC 1.6 5 speed i thought about doing a motor swap to a B16.
Hey Girly Si, welcome to the forums!

I hope to help with any advice that I could give, and maybe get a bit of advice in return. First off, nice choice for a ride. I love the Si! I want one, but I like the sleeper idea, infact so much, that I want to turn my 95 DX coupe, into an Si or faster, undercover. My D15B7 has 115,000mi on it, I just got some Honda MTF(manual transmission fluid) yesterday, going to change that out, from the standard oil (one piece of advice, never use synthetic for your transmission, I have learned this valuable lesson, use Honda MTF, or any motor oil, just not synthetic)

I used 5W-30 synthetic motor oil, Mobil 1, and after 15,000miles i picked up a 1st and 3rd gear grind, and synchro chatters, but I changed it out for standard Dino-oil 5w-30 and the problem seems to have gone-away(still slightly grinding/chatter, but not as bad) I think I did cause a problem with using synthetic motor oil in the transmission, but that is one lesson I hope to teach everyone about.

Post some pics, i think we all want to see your Si, and you modeling it too ? :P

Good luck, and I am here to help everyone, just hollar.

Old 08-24-2006, 08:18 AM
HCF Member

Dayton huh? Its nice to finally see someone on here from my area. I'm from Springfield. If I hear of any get togethers, I'll be sure to PM you. Later!

Old 08-24-2006, 11:38 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

welcome to HCF. i still have my kit on and its not that extreme. i am thinking about putting the stock sides back on. good luck with modding.

Quick Reply: new girl from Dayton Oh