New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new guy,1st car

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Default new guy,1st car

hey hows it going,i'm 17 ,soon to be 18,and just got my 1st car,a 93 Civic EX/Coupe,this was one of my sister's 1st car's,she bought it for 3,250,she had it for about 1-2 years,and just bought a new 07 civic SI/4 door.she sold me the 93 civic for 1,500,my mom put in the 1000,i had the money to buy it off of her,but my mom put 1000 to all of our 1st cars..oh yeah,i just had to put 500,so it came ou to be 1500.hopefully this wont sound lame lol,but hey,i got a pretty fat deal on it,i think lol......it's an automatic,i'm not really ooking forward into ricing it out or doing big mods to it,i like it the way it is.i just want some tips/advice or maybe some1 who has one like mine to give me something to like inspire me to do to mine.its a white 93 civic ex,has ac/power everything...sunroof/moonroof...here are some pics.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Default RE: new guy,1st car

14's

just bought these lights on ebay..should be getting them sometime this weekend,i hope...

me and my brother and law,kinda wanna turn into a stick,once the transmision gets messed up...tell me what u guys think...thanks..

Old 09-11-2007, 11:18 AM

oh yeah,the front bumper's messed up cause when my sis had it,she kinda bumped into a car,nothing big,just need to get a new bumper....also,i'm not really looking forward to putting a body kit,1 reason is that they just break/crack easy.kinda of just wanna keep it stock for now,and once i get another job,do little mods,nothing major though,just to make it look good...i'm not gonna be all racing with it either...thanks

Old 09-11-2007, 07:13 PM

any1???lol

Old 09-11-2007, 07:22 PM
MTK

Welcome to the forum...

Nice car you have there. IMO, the tail lights you bought on ebay will look better than the ones that are on it now...

And if you have the money to make it into a stick, then go for it. Its sooooo much better than automatic.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:33 PM

thanks for writing,yeah there were some tail lights like the ones i bought,but they were clear,i chose to go with those,i like that little stock-ish look.yeah,for now i'm just waiting and just chillin with it,save up some money and do some stuff to it later on....my dad's a mechanic so i kind of got the help from him on doing some stuff to it...i'm thinking on buying the front and rear lips to make it look a lil lowered,and not buying the body kit and not lowering it cause it just messes up the ride and frequent stops and slow downs so it wont get bumped on something,u know?.....tell me what u guys think i should do to it,on a low budget too lol

Old 09-11-2007, 07:47 PM
HCF Member

Heyhey! Welcome to the Hizzay... I mean HCF... lol

Good lookin car, and a nice upgrade for the tail lights.
IMO, don't do a manual swap. I think they're a pointless waste of money. You won't ever get the money back (resale value) and u could spend the money on something more worthwhile like a cat-back exhaust, or intake, better rims, etc.

Good luck!

Old 09-11-2007, 08:11 PM

thanks,yeah,i'm still unsure of the tranny swap,some people tell me to keep it auto,freeway traffic jams here in cali r stupid..i'm just tryna get the most outta my ride,and not spending so much,keep in mind i'm 17 and dont got a decent/stable job yet lol...and if you tell me any things to do to it,can you put how much the pricing of each will be?that be dope if u guys did that...what u guys think of getting a cold air intake on ebay?$10 + shipping...good or bad?

Old 09-11-2007, 08:14 PM
HCF Member

you live in orange? ..... and welcome

Old 09-11-2007, 08:34 PM

umm,close to it,i live in costa mesa,in orange county...like 25 minutes from orange...sorry for asking all theses questions...its a 1.6 sohc,is that vtec or non vtec?...i've searched online through a thread there is on here(where you find your engine and see if its vtec),went to to take a look at my engine,says D16Z6,and found it in the wikipedia site,says its sohc vtec,is this true?

EDIT-i guess it is vtec,lol..thats a trip,we didn't think it was vtec,found a site where some1 else had the same question and i guess its a pretty common question,well thats what they say in that forum: http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66280 sorry if its against the rules on this site to show other sites

Quick Reply: new guy,1st car