New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new guy,1st car

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 06:00 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: new guy,1st car

Welcome to the forum. Yes the D16Z6 has vtec. Nice...

Old 09-12-2007, 06:10 AM
HCF Member

welcome

Old 09-12-2007, 09:18 AM

Nice ride and GOOD deal on the price. Have fun with it and save your money because I cant.[]

Old 09-12-2007, 09:21 AM

lol,you said "because i can't" lol that made me laugh lol...thanks every1...haha,i'm kinda happy it has vtec lol,we never knew that til i looked it up lol,thats a trip haha

Old 09-12-2007, 10:24 AM
HCF Member

welcome to the forums bro , i'd personally go with the manual swap , lower it and a lip kit. i used to have a 95 coupe and i loved it untill it got stolen. but yeah manual , swap ,lip kit , lower , and a nice set of 16" rims

Old 09-15-2007, 02:57 PM

so i got the lights 2 days ago,heres a pic:

sorr for the image quality,this pic was taken from my phone (katana 6600)..the other pics were with my sister's digi cam...

Old 09-16-2007, 02:59 AM

ORIGINAL: johndoehizzle

lol,you said "because i can't" lol that made me laugh lol...thanks every1...haha,i'm kinda happy it has vtec lol,we never knew that til i looked it up lol,thats a trip haha
hows things,glenn from ireland here.nice first car.i used to have a sohc saloon,great cars.now have a 92 sir twin cam v-tec.mods id do to yours?,carbon hood,type r lip kit,angel eye lights,and a nice set of 17"tint the back 3 windows for that extra bit of jap look

Old 09-16-2007, 04:48 AM
HCF Member

- nice car, good price -- on a low budget I'd spend my money on gas,general maintenance of the vehicle and enjoy driving it, make general repairs/upgrades where I could no job=no mods

Old 09-16-2007, 07:59 AM

glen,thanks bro,yeah i wanna get the lip kit,all the windows r tinted pretty dark,the front ones r a lil lighter than the others though,yeah i'm thinking on getting some 16 or 17's on it,but thats once i get a better job,the onei have doesnt pay much!lol...wouldn't it be nice if money grew on trees?haha...

gohoco,yeah so far the only thing that needs to get fixed is the valve cover gasket..and need to get the front bumper,i'd like to get an original front bumper but when i look on ebay,they're all the bodykit type material,and i hate that lol,thats like carrying a ceramic bumper,crackkkkks and breaks!lol...it doesnt really take much for these cars to look nice,and thats what i'd like to accomplish,some 16 or 17's on it and the lip kit for now...thanks for checking my ride out guys...

Old 09-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well for rims... keep checking localy and on ebay... my 1st 17s i bought for around 400bucks with tires, tho tires where alittle large and rubbed in front on a hard dip but i swaped those out eventualy, and after replacing all 4tires i desided to sell them and i sold all 4 with GOOD practicaly new tires on ebay for 560bucks. great steal for that guy! just cause USED IS USED when it comes to rims and tires.
you never know when youll find a SWEET STEAL!!!!!!!
and depending on your road condition in your area if they are good and not all damaged up and pot holes THAT would depend to me on the rim size to get... 17s sure do look nice BUT also easier to damage due to the smaller tire size used....
so just keep that inmind so ya dont bend or blow out your tires\/rims....

other than that ya id say ya got a family hook up thier! nice ride.... looks like she at least had some common sense with it so thats a good thing!
also new taillights look MUCH beter! good pick.

id say your BIGGEST thing keeping you from moding is realy your state..... cali ive heard has abunch of laws on that crap
definatly read up on your state laws if ya can cause ya dont wanna get pulled over and spot inspected for all kinds of BS like intake/exaust and what not.....
or just go hang out at a inspection place and talk to some people thier about what mods are legal and which arent....
im not positive on your area but id say thats something for you to look into before moding...

but anyways.... if your on a low budget id also suggest doing maintence work as well... how many miles on the car? has it ever had the timing belt replaced?
check all the brake pads and such, oil change.... ya know the typical tune up bag....
if your not sure about it id do it.....

and ya and the cost of a trany swap..... its cheaper just to look for a manual car and buy it whole.LOL
i paid 400bucks for my 94 manual with a throw rod thru the block. just got a replacement motor yesterday for 250. now i just have to buy the tune up parts for the motor and pull out the blown motor and swap it all and inspect tranny wear. i HOPE its all good..... but then again im still keeping my automatic 99 for my cruising joy ride.

Quick Reply: new guy,1st car