New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new guy,1st car

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Default RE: new guy,1st car

yeah bro,thats what i was thinking too,17's are a lil big=ride gets a lil bumpier,my dad's a mechanic,close to 14 or 15 years at firestone,and he pretty much tells me whats good and whats not,i wanted to lower it,he said to put bigger wheels to fill up the gap,cause thats pretty much what maked civics look sporty,when the gap's filled with a 15/16/17 wheel size?thats just what i think though lol.but then again,i like the wheels it has right now?lol i dont know why..they're 14's but i like them?lol..

thanks about the taillights bro,for sure....cali's weird on these type of things,thats why im not sure yet if i wanna really do big mods to it,cause it'll be kind of pointless if i won't be able to use them,u know?...

it has 134150(to be exact at the moment lol),yeah,timing belt's been done,just replaced the pads like 2 weeks ago,my dad took the rear disk's to firestone,to umm,i forgot the name,when they grind them up,know what i mean?lol...all of the cars in this house are well maintained!lol,and all japanese,no bulky/gas hogging american cars lol,no effense to any1...

i was thinking on sticking with my ride and not swapping the tranny,cause you get tired with the cali traffic,shifting and what not...so i kinda just wanna leave it auto,but then again i'd like a stick,so i can just mess around once in a while,u know?...i'll stick with how it is,and make it look nice,thats all i want lol,make it looks nice and not do big mods...thanks

Old 09-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well with the tire size filling up the gap... that would work easily in the rear BUT with the front that would throw off your speedo..... and could very easily have rubbing issues...

Old 09-16-2007, 04:33 PM
HCF Member

my opinion (most on here would disagree) i think you should screw performance cuase its an auto and focus on stereo

Old 09-18-2007, 04:46 PM

yeah,i was thinking the same,like,just make it look alright, from the outside,and put a good sound system...i was thinking an 1000 watt/4 channel amp?..what u guys think?..it has a pioneer stereo,with pioneer speakers as well...i took it to a shop,and i told the guy i dont wanna make it sound all pro n stuff,just alright since i dont got that much cash,he said a 1000 watt/4 channell amp would do good...what u guys think?and what brands of amps should i look for?..on ebay?thanks

Old 09-19-2007, 03:14 PM

whats going on,i just came back from this auto junk yard,the guy told me he'll give me a stick tranny,pedals,and cluster for $750,what do you guys think?...thanks

Old 09-21-2007, 02:16 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: johndoehizzle

whats going on,i just came back from this auto junk yard,the guy told me he'll give me a stick tranny,pedals,and cluster for $750,what do you guys think?...thanks
I'm not sure about all that but I wanted to make something clear...

Yes, you have VTEC, but you have SOHC VTEC, not DOHC VTEC. Basically, it's like having one ******** instead of two.

Car looks great man, thanks for changing those ugly *** tails out. Can't wait to see what you do next, I'm sure somebody will have an answer for you about that deal real soon.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:40 AM

hey how come this guy has 25 replies in his topic while i have only 3?anyways nice car man