New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New GUY! 92' LX Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Default New GUY! 92' LX Sedan

I'm from San Antonio, Texas. Went to the junk yard the other day and realized a 4cylinder engine isnt that complicated. Saw alot of gutted engines and realized its not hard to take these cars apart and put them back together. Just not sure what kind of mods to put on. I know what I want, just not sure what brands etc to get for best output. Any info is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:28 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

welcome to the forums!

aem intake
apexi catback
megan headers
ebay high flow cat
and a good turbo

Old 11-25-2009, 06:15 PM
HCF Member

he only has one header supersize. you should know this....ughhh..lol

Old 11-25-2009, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by supersize
welcome to the forums!

aem intake
apexi catback
megan headers
ebay high flow cat
and a good turbo
eBay high flow cat is a test pipe, not a cat. How do you plan on him using a good turbo in conjunction with a header and an AEM intake? Quit giving so much bad advice!

Last edited by trustdestruction; 11-26-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:09 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
eBay high flow cat is a test pipe, not a cat. How do you plan on him using a good turbo in conjunction with a header and an AEM intake? Quit giving so much bad advice!
fix`d

d@mn you beat me to it haha.

OP, dont listen to supersize...Welcome to the forum btw. If you have any questions make sure to use the search button and then ask questions if you dont understand. Enjoy your stay!

Old 11-26-2009, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Texas92CIvIc
I know what I want, just not sure what brands etc to get for best output.
Welcome to HCF. Well.......what do you want? Do you want a reliable, gas sipping (45+mpg) vehicle, a monstrous, crazy high HP, turbo'd gas-guzzling beast? Or maybe something in between? What is your level of experience regarding car mods? How much money do you have? Do you want to keep the stock motor in it?

aem intake
apexi catback
megan headers
ebay high flow cat
and a good turbo
LOL!!!! He did ask for good/reputable brands. Sorry, but this shows your lack of knowledge. AEM, Apex-I, Megan (all decent brands)....and a "good" turbo? Could you elaborate on what's a "good" turbo? Maybe like a brand name as you said for the other upgrades, or something like that (oh yea....Garrett, Turbonetics, etc)

Old 11-29-2009, 07:25 AM
August 2010 ROTM

welcome to the forums!

aem intake
apexi catback
megan headers
ebay high flow cat
and a good turbo
LOL *Facepalm*

OP: Don't listen to this guy; I don't think I've seen one good word of advice come from him. But welcome to the site! Make sure you steer clear of Ebay turbo kits, if you're going that route!

Old 11-30-2009, 05:33 PM

Thanks for all the help guys! I'm actually looking for something in the middle. Nothing to gas sippy, and nothing to gas guzzly either. The list of mods I want are as follows:

Header
Intake
Fuel Injectors
Fuel Rail
Fuel Pump
ECU
Throttle Body
Exhaust.........and thats about it.

I dont have a whole lot of money, but all of this is surprisingly cheap.....How do you guys think the car will fare with these upgrades?

Old 11-30-2009, 08:00 PM

Higher flow injectors and fuel pump are unnecessary and will only hurt your gas mileage, not help with performance.

With only intake/header/exhaust you're not making enough power to need more fuel than the stock system provides. Your engine takes in air and fuel. The more power you make, the more air you can take in quicker, thus requiring more fuel to keep the air/fuel ratio correct. If you're not making that much more power (like with intake/header/exhaust), you aren't taking in enough air quickly enough to need more fuel.

You're not going to gain much power at all from any of that stuff listed, especially with a D15B7. I would look into doing a mini-me swap (VTEC head... D16Y8 or D16Z6 on your D15B7 block. This would give you about a 25 HP gain at the flywheel, and it doesn't cost that much either. You can often find everything you need from one source and it will only cost a few hundred bucks. Definitely one of the best bang-for-your-buck mods you can do with that D15B7.

I recommend a chipped ECU from Phearable.net. (OBD1 non-VTEC if you keep your engine, OBD1 VTEC if you swap the VTEC head onto it)

For your throttle body, look into a 60mm throttle body from a B-series engine.

If you do I/H/E, throttle body, mini-me swap, and chipped ECU, you're probably looking at ~150 HP at the flywheel (really rough estimate)

Old 11-30-2009, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
If you do I/H/E, throttle body, mini-me swap, and chipped ECU, you're probably looking at ~150 HP at the flywheel (really rough estimate)
And this is all 'gained' hp? Or is it 150hp total? Because right now, the car is only pushing 100hp if i'm lucky.

Quick Reply: New GUY! 92' LX Sedan