New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New guy from Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 09:01 PM
Default New guy from Indiana

Hi my name is Chris. I live in southeastern Indiana and Im pretty new to the import scene. I recently bought a 1990 ef hatchback with a 93 d15b7 motor. Ive done a lot of work on it so far but it still has a long way to go. Ive already replace the shocks and coil springs in the front along with two bad tie rod ends. (When i first bought the car it was riding with the front end roughy 4 inches above stock ride height due to someone putting the wrong coil springs in the place of the originals.)

Ive done a little paint just to kinda of change the look after i had got it riding at stock height. It did have quite a bit of stuff done to start. The motor has been completly refurbished and outside of a lil oil and some spark plugs I havnt had to due much to it. I did fix the cold air intake which when I got the car had been litterally attached to the intake. Bay is painted but wasn't properly primered so I'm dealing with that. I painted most of the intererior but want to finish it up. Going with a blue white feel.

So I got to be honest, I love driving my car. Its tons of fun to drive and gets ten times better gas milage than my former dd( bought the civic as a project and rolled my truck not 2 weeks later). But I do want it to go faster. After some research I've decided I want to attempt a y8 head swap on the motor. I'm in no hurry to start the project yet and I will start a thread when I'm ready to get my shopping list together lol.

Right now I'm having the most trouble finding oem style cornering lights for my hatch. From all I can gather they are very specific to the make and model, and i l think the one cornering light I still have (the other fell off and shattered into peices doing 80 mph on the interstate) is incorrect. If anyone has any or can drop me a line on where I could find some reletavily easy I'd greatly appreciate it.

Well thanks for reading!