New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to HCF.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Default New to HCF.com

Hey guys. Im new to the whole forum deal. Usually just get information and talk with friends that are enthusiasts as well. Im currently in the very slow process of upgrading my 2002 Civic EX. I know...Ive been told that that is probably not the best choice for tuning but im working with what i got. Anyway, I have already put in an AEM Cold Air Intake and am planning on dropping more money into my car. Heres a list of potential parts and accessories

Engine: 1. Cat-back exhaust system, 2. header, 3. Adjustable Cam gears, 4. Pulleys, 5. VTEC controller

Suspension: 1. Tein or Eibach springs, 2. shocks (not sure what brand), 3. Strut bar, 4. sway bars

Exterior: 1. Black JDM angel eye projector headlights, 2. Black Altezza tailights, 3. 17" black with polished lip rims, 4. nice rubber, 5. C-Fiber hood

Interior: Audio accessories, pedals, and redo the entire inside in leather and seude

Tranny: 1. Short throw shifter, 2. Clutch

Eventually i will do more to power it up a lot but thats the list for right now.
If you guys have any recommendations or comments just write back.

Old 02-03-2006, 10:11 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: New to HCF.com

welcome to the forum![sm=hiya.gif][sm=hiya.gif] that sounds good...your car is going to look really nice, some people are going to object to the taillights but i would go for it if you like it

Old 02-03-2006, 10:20 AM

Well my car is black so i wanted black headlights and tailights to go with it (trying to get a little color scheme going) but what type would be better for the tailights?

Old 02-03-2006, 11:29 AM

most pepole would say that keeping your oem would be best, but do what you like..ive seen some cars w/ altezzas that are pretty clean. as for the shocks, look into companies like kyb, tokico, and koni..all 3 are good companies. welcome to the site!

Old 02-03-2006, 11:32 AM

yeah, the dark theme is going to look good. working with what you got is the way the tuner scene started so keep rockin' the d

Old 02-03-2006, 01:48 PM

nice mods, it'll look good. alot of money involved tho

Old 02-03-2006, 01:49 PM

Looks like a good plan, but you better get a cam shaft with the adjustable cam gear or else its pointless..

Old 02-03-2006, 03:57 PM

For those who say it's not the best platfrom, well that may be true for building 500+ hp engines, but not many people have that capability. This engine is perfectly fine for reaching 200-250 whp. Build it up and then stuff it in the face of those who told you otherwise.

Skip the adjustable cam gear, unless you ugrade your cam and valvetrain and get an EMS. If you do get an EMS, don't bother with a Vtec controller.
Revo Technica makes a good short shifter for our cars.
If you are going with a clutch throw a flywheel in there as well.

Don't know where you live but you may need to toss a high-flo cat in there to pass emissions.

Btw Welcome fellow 7th gener.

Old 02-03-2006, 05:32 PM

its good to see that there are 7th genners on this site. skip the vtec controller and get a vafc2. your not gonna get more than ~135whp with the d17 without dropping some major cash. turbo or swap would be a better route if you lookin for major hp. the springs are completely up to you but i recommend tokico shocks. as for the projectors... they're not really "JDM". i think that if you black out your headlights, it'll look much better/cleaner. and for the tails... not really a fan of altezzas. if you have a coupe, you should get some 04+ tails, but if u have a sedan, you should get some TDM tails. but... its your car, and you can do whatever you like.

Old 02-03-2006, 05:49 PM

^ ok I will agree with you on the money part... it will take an amount of money to get the D17 to sizeable status... but 135 whp... I disagree, this engine can do much better than 135 whp without spending ridiculous amounts of money.

Quick Reply: New to HCF.com