New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New here

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 05:43 PM
HCF Member
Default New here

Hi, well as you can see i am new here, looking to find some good advice and hopefully make some friends,

just bought a 1995 civic ex, 5 speed, its pretty stock, the previous owner added a cold air intake (havent found out what brand), new spark plugs and wires, sparco pedle set, and a set of si rims. oh and a cd/radio deck, i will post some pics later. got to clean it up a little, although it is in good shape. no dings or scratches, and one small paint bubble on the hood.

on thing that i am looking for is a left dor hinge, i am not positve it is the hinge, but the drivers door sags when you open it, i i think it will were out the lock mechanism, cause it has to lift the door a 1/4 of an inch or so when u close it.

well ive said enough, happy to be here lol

Old 08-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Default RE: New here

WELCOME! just make sure that all the bolts and whatnot for the door are nice and tight before u buy anything.

Old 08-27-2006, 06:13 PM
HCF Member

oh yah, i will, i haven gotten that chance to look at the hinges, everytime we parked it, it was too close to the house to fully open the doors, and i forgot to open it while out on the road,

Old 08-28-2006, 12:20 AM
HCF Member

well good luck with the car and welcome to the forum

Old 08-28-2006, 01:44 AM
Stinky Administrator

welcome to hcf i have a 92 hatch and my door sags to on mine it is the hinge

Old 08-28-2006, 07:21 PM

Hey all... I'm a new Civic owner. I have a '98 EX 4dr. I bought it with a header, intercooler(dealer thought it was strickly an intake), 16" Neepers, and wired for amp and sub. I added a Alpine CD/MP3 player. I'm already planning sway bars, amp and sub, new wires and plugs. And any cool ideas my wife will let me[8D]

Old 08-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Ben

^^ transformerguru post a new thread, so people can greet you and say hello, go to the new member area, the place you were at before you clicked the link to go to this guys post, and at the top left click new post, then post what you just did!

Old 08-28-2006, 08:56 PM
HCF Member

Yeah that sounds like the hinges but other than that sounds like a nice car.

Old 08-28-2006, 09:36 PM
HCF Member

well, fixed the door today, it turns out one of the top hinge bolts had worn away/snaped, but the other bolt was fine, and unfortunatly i could not use a bolt extractor to remove the bolt, so i loosened the bottom hinge and assed a coupla shims aroind the bolts, and tightened it back up, and now the door is perfect, smooth and no bumps. now if i could just figure out how to disable that annoying door open buzzer, it sucks when u have the car on acc and listening to the radio.

oh and i looked under the car and found out it has a aftermarket exaust, nice smooth mandrel bent goodness, the guy that i bought it off didtnt know what he had, the first owner had done all the upgrades,.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:15 PM

Hook us up w/ a pic of your ride!

P.S. I'm new here too

Quick Reply: New here