New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New here not new to honda's

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 12:36 PM
HCF Member
Default New here not new to honda's

Hello ALL,

I stumbled on this forum and thought I would join up. Been a member on other forum for a while but figured why not get on here as well.

I own a semi riced out civic that will be working it's way back to more of a jdm basis. I got hot on the car when my wife and I decided to get her a new car in 03. I have done everything on the car in good and bad taste. A few parts my wife even bought for me so I had to put them on. LOL.

I have a 94 jdm b16 swap (tranny is out of and has been for about 3.5 years now.) Did the swap myself and at the same time did the auto to manual conversion. I have kyb shocks and struts with coilovers. upgraded the rotors and pads in the front. 2.5" cat and cat back. POS header. AEM intake, cam gears and alt pully. redid the gaskets on the motor and water pump. racing seats and 4 point harness (this is where the rice starts), halo head lights, and cf tail lights. DC strut bar in the front, cf trunk and camber kit. 17" wheels (looking to go 15" or 16"). I am POSITIVE I am missing some stuff but you get the idea.

Name:  side2.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  26.4 KB
Name:  side1.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  24.6 KB
Name:  side.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  20.1 KB
Name:  Picture004.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  71.6 KB
Name:  mycar2.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  31.0 KB

Here is what I have currently and my last toy.
Name:  DSC03482.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  88.3 KB
Name:  DSC03457.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  84.4 KB
2004 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII with bolt on mods and a tune.

Name:  frontcornershot.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  97.8 KB
Name:  9-14-2006-173.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  45.5 KB
My old 93 RX-7 with a T-78 greddy turbo. didn't have it long. realized I don't have deep enough pockets for the rotary engine. LOL

I also have had a 87 Honda Civic SI, 03 Honda Accord EX-L and 04 Honda Pilot EX-L RES

Probably more info than I needed but hey it is slow at work today. LOL

STevo

Old 10-07-2009, 03:42 PM
HCF Member

nice selection of cars, the civic isnt too ricey, i think the wheels are the worst part and that pin stripe. Other than that its looking good.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:36 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by croninc
nice selection of cars, the civic isnt too ricey, i think the wheels are the worst part and that pin stripe. Other than that its looking good.
Well if I tell you what seats they are, what type of 4 point harnesses I have and no harness bar. You may change your opinion. LOL. oh and the pin strip is gone and the car needs painted bad!!!!!!! I am going to start this weekend i think. I am suppose to have my tranny back by the end of the month so my goal is to get it up and running and maybe stripped and primed. But we will see.

STevo

Old 10-09-2009, 12:25 PM
August 2010 ROTM

Welcome to the site! Nice car; the wheels, seats, tails, and ESPECIALLY the painted drums/calipers are the riciest part, and all that isn't too hard to fix. Other than that, I really like it! And for the record there's nothing ricey at all about a CF trunk; thats one of my favorite parts on your car! And, in my opinion, the only Civics that halo headlights look good on are 92-95's, so I would leave them.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:47 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the HCF. With all of the work you have done on your cars you will be a great asset to help us diagnos problems and maybe you can even do some DIYs.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:27 AM
HCF Member

Thx guys!!! yes I would be more than happy to help if I can. My swap was the first time I did more than just an oil, brake, belts and misc things. I did alot of research online to do everything. But what I learned basically is if you have a 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, and 17mm you can almost dismantle a civic. LOL.

As far as the my build most of the car was done 5 years ago. LOL. The brakes, wheels and grill going to be repainted Black, I did a camber adjustment kit however cause it so low it still gets wear, Arospeed coilovers on KYB GR-2 shocks and struts, DC front strut bar, auto to manual conversion, 94 JDM B16A swap, Black Halo Headlights (I know), faux CF taillights (again I know), APC blue/black racing seats (again I know), fake Mugen racing Harnesses (please no comment here LMAO), manual center counsil, manual ex gauge cluster w/tack, no name shift know, VIS Carbon trunk, header, AEM CAI (cut to me short ram), aem alt. pulley and cam gears, 2.5" HFC, 2.5" Borla Brospeed S.S. exhaust with 4.5" tip and wiring.

I am going to start doing prep and primer work on the car this weekend since i ended up being sick last weekend.

Future Parts (a.k.a. dreaming) 15" or 16" wheels, red/clear si style taillights, cf hood, harness bar (may do a custom on since I need my back seat), rear strut bar, rear drum to disc conversion, short throw and new ****, cf lip, eg yellow fog lights, jdm folding mirrors and maybe city light headlights and vison corners.

Later Later engine mods and maybe a turbo. but this will be much later and probably only if I sell my Evo.

STevo

Old 10-13-2009, 09:37 AM
HCF Member

those headlights are sexy

Old 10-13-2009, 10:09 AM
HCF Member

i had to change my pants 3+ times looking at this thread.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:27 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by asianguy63
those headlights are sexy

Originally Posted by HONDAKID
i had to change my pants 3+ times looking at this thread.

LMAO!!!! Thanks for the compliments!!!! I am going to start working on the civic this weekend again. I will have an update on my transmission hopefully today as well. I know it shouldn't take too long to get re-assembled but a co-worker husband owns his on shop is doing for next to nothing so, I will be patient. LOL well kind of.

STevo

Old 10-18-2009, 10:02 PM
HCF Member

hey don't put yourself out on ya car being "riced",lol. you work to your own likings, but a few jdm switch-ups won't be a problem either haha. welcome to hcf.

Quick Reply: New here not new to honda's