New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New here.. where to start?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Cool New here.. where to start?

Greetings.. So i have a 04 Honda civic 4 door. 5 speed. I want to make the car fun to drive. Where should i start?

Where would you start. If some of your senior members could give me some direction that would be great. Like i said.. fun to drive is the goal. Not really concerned with giant wings .. or flashy rims.. just power, handling, breaking, or i guess whatever you want to suggest. '

Thanks in advance for your insight. , noho.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Angry Admin

you live in NYC right?

Old 07-08-2009, 03:13 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by nohoguitar
Greetings.. So i have a 04 Honda civic 4 door. 5 speed. I want to make the car fun to drive. Where should i start?

Where would you start. If some of your senior members could give me some direction that would be great. Like i said.. fun to drive is the goal. Not really concerned with giant wings .. or flashy rims.. just power, handling, breaking, or i guess whatever you want to suggest. '

Thanks in advance for your insight. , noho.
You can buy rims just buy them to your style no one said they had to be flashy. Wider rims = more rubber on the road = more control. What's your budget? btw pictures or your car doesn't exist.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:01 PM
HCF Member

yea pics of your civic would help.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:36 PM

I live in North Hollywood.. near Universal city .. California. I will post some pictures soon. Need to find my camera. Larger rims for more rubber contact sounds interesting. I am just starting an automotive class. so will have access to lifts and lots of tools. I was thinking maybe something towards the suspension, was planning on K&N filter.. how much does the induction unit help vs. just a K&N filer replacement. Money wise.. maybe about a grand. I am not buying everything at once .. nor do i plan too. I figure you ppl would have a lot more knowledge on what is practical vs what some of these after market parts websites advertise.

Oh .. and the teacher is very anti modify your car. so while I will learn the basics from him, "he is not interested in helping any project that modifies from the manufacturers specific directions" quote!

Old 07-08-2009, 06:58 PM

i posted a picture in my album.. please forgive.. i am trying to find my way around this forum still.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:18 PM

Ok here is a pic. like I said.. flash is not a big deal to me in terms of fun to drive. I was thinking suspension, ram air, brake kits, sway bars.. just would like to see what you have done, what products you recommend, the cost, and how you liked the end result. Never modified my car before, so not sure where to start. There are so many websites out there so not sure what is good vs, what is junk. I also need to buy tires soon, what would you recomend.

Thanks for you recommendations,

Civic EX 2004
5 Speed

Attached Thumbnails New here..  where to start?-img_6471.jpg