New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Honda driver in FL

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Default New Honda driver in FL

Hey yall, my wife and I just got a 2008 Civic LX last weekend. After many years of Jeeping, it's fun to be in a coupe again.

This is my first Civic. My first Honda. My first foreign car. The youngest car (at time of purchase) I've ever driven. It's gonna be a commuting car -- my wife has a job 30min north, and I go to school 20min south. We also have an SUV, but I'm the one who works on mechanical stuff so I have to know it as well as I know the other.

Been squaring it away and getting to know it. So far so good! MPG is awesome, I've been driving it all week and I still have 1/3 left of my first tank of gas! POV is nice and low and makes everything feel faster.

A bit of personal-bio stuff. I'm a pretty simple guy. I'm 26 and I just got out of the USMC and I'm going back to school to study civil engineering. I'm married. No kids yet, but looking forward to it. I love to shoot guns and take pictures and generally spend time outdoors. You know.. dirt, sweat, blood, fire, etc.

I don't know a whole lot about cars ...yet... I've had to teach myself almost everything I know. I'm not a total beginner, but I still feel behind the curve with most of my same-age-ish friends and I figured registering an account here would be a good move. So I'm looking forward to learning and sharing.

I guess that's about it for now. PM me if you want. Whiskey out.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:39 PM

Here she is--