New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to Honda..just bought a 97 civic

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Default New to Honda..just bought a 97 civic

Hey guys, I just bought a 97 civic coupe ex..I come from a line of domestic cars (2003 svt focus and 2005 srt-4)..This is my first Honda and I feel pretty lost already..My car is 5 speed..The only thing done to it is as of right now is it has a header on it..I was just wondering where I can buy some parts for it and what are some of the common things done to these cars..I'm thinking about going mostly show for this car but it would be nice if it had a little more power..any help would be appreciated!!

Old 04-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Banned

Why would you decide to go show? That is pointless. Have fun getting laughed at.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:43 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Super D16
Why would you decide to go show? That is pointless. Have fun getting laughed at.
It depends on how showy you make it, but its your car.....

Start with an intake and an exhaust if you want some more power. Can you show us a pic of what you want your car to look like?

Old 04-20-2009, 02:55 AM

No wonder I would make fun of Honda boys when I would be crushing them in a car that actually has power..

Old 04-20-2009, 05:53 AM
March 2010 ROTM

You can get plenty of power out of a honda motor. And by show, im sure you dont mean body kits, wings, and stupid stuff like that do you? Simple lip kit, Intake, exhaust, maybe new grill...depends on what your car looks like right now.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by svtfocuswv04
No wonder I would make fun of Honda boys when I would be crushing them in a car that actually has power..
Ok you come on a honda forum and make fun of hondas? great and i'm a girl. I would take my 97 d16 running 8 psi over your svt or neon

Old 04-20-2009, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by svtfocuswv04
You can make fun all you want, it's your opinion. Just remember, when a "Honda Boy" beats your SVT Ford or Neon, or whatever you have, that the Honda owner built that power. He/she didn't just go to a dealership/private party and buy that power.

I would rather build power than buy power. It's more fun. But hey, that's my opinion.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:07 AM
HCF Member

Depending on how much work you do, a Honda can easily beat and SVT focus and SRT-4.

Of course that goes both ways. But I'd rather have the reliability, style, and ease of working on a honda than just about anything else.

And unfortunately, there are a lot of idiots who think that because they put a CAI or 4" exhaust on their Civic, they can beat anything.....those aren't "honda boys", those are ricers, and we think they're just a stupid as you do

Old 04-21-2009, 05:31 AM

You can get plenty of power out of a honda motor. And by show, im sure you dont mean body kits, wings, and stupid stuff like that do you? Simple lip kit, Intake, exhaust, maybe new grill...depends on what your car looks like right now.
Yeh I'm going for a simple, clean look with this..As of right now my car has 17in wheels and a header..It needs lowered which will probably be the first thing i do..

And unfortunately, there are a lot of idiots who think that because they put a CAI or 4" exhaust on their Civic, they can beat anything.....those aren't "honda boys", those are ricers, and we think they're just a stupid as you do
Yeh I hate those people..I just got pissed because EVERY person I ran into with hondas are like that..and it just so happened the first person who has to say something on this forum seems like they are the same exact way..

all i wanted to know is what's the easiest way to make some decent power without swapping..I don't know if i want to bother with bolt ons because I did that with my focus and spent almost 1500 bucks for maybe 20hp when I could gave just bought a supercharger for the same price...I was looking around for supercharger kits...Any ones you guys suggest?

Old 04-21-2009, 08:21 AM
HCF Member

How ironic.....the person you need to talk to about supercharging is SuperD16

And her Civic is no ricer. It's clean!

You can piece together a turbo kit for around $2000 (or so i hear, i've never done it). I'd talk to trustdestruction, or GReddy_Civic, and there's some others with turbos on here.

Quick Reply: New to Honda..just bought a 97 civic