New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to honda, loving it!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Default New to honda, loving it!

Got my 1989 Civic HB about 6-7 months ago. I found this site about a week ago and have found it really super helpful. I will post pics tomorrow hopefully. I am kinda old school and everything I've driven has been runs good, looks like hell and this car is no different. It's a rustbucket lol. Lots of rust in the rocker panels and above the wheel wells a bit.

Main mods I have planned for it is a few things for looks so it breaks the current trend..I don't want to hurt my gas mileage doing mods on the performance.

I guess for now I have a couple questions: Can I find a cruise control out of a similar civic and put it in this one, and if so, how much work is involved in it? Also, is there anyway to use it on different controls than on a steering wheel(if thats how they came that year, I think I've seen them on some cars on the dash to the left or something) because I want to eventually get an aftermarket steering wheel for the car. Btw, no, my car did not come stock with cruise control.Also, any tips on mods and stuff to get higher gas mileage? (Gas is about 4 bucks a gallon around here and work is hard to come by)

Sorry for the quality, only have a camera phone.

Last edited by Teeko; 06-23-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:56 PM

Noone have any suggestions?