New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new to imports and this site

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Default new to imports and this site

well i have had my 2000 camaro SS for awhile now, and i just picked up a DD in the form of a 98 civic EX coupe.
im excited about it, its a nice car, with 59k on it, silver, two door. but it does have a few things i need to rework.
so im glad to be here, and eager to learn!

Old 01-08-2010, 09:50 PM

Welcome! Post up some pics!

What are some of the things that need to be worked on?

Old 01-08-2010, 10:01 PM

no pics yet, im taking some tomorrow, since it was dark by the time i got home. well the rear rims are chrome and the fronts are silver painted, same style though, the door wont lock if it is open so i have to close it then lock it with the key, need to lube up the antennae,no keyless entry, new wipers, n=a locking gas cap, a lot of simple stuff really. although it has 59k i was told around 60k the timing belt should be replaced, anyone have any info on that? would be helpful
its a really decent car, i love the way it handles i can tell i could really rip some turns in it, unlike my camaro that either drifts though them or trys to kill you lol

then durring the summer im gonna tune it up and replace a bunch of stuff
i.e. coil, spark plugs and wires and all that fun stuff

Old 01-08-2010, 11:18 PM

if you drive it in normal conditions (i.e. not the desert, no constant gridlock traffic), you don't need to worry about changing it until 105k miles.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:21 AM

could you expound on that? im a muscle car guy, ive only had the timing chains before, so this is a new land for me.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:24 AM

I don't know what more there is to expand on.

Honda recommends changing it within 105k miles under normal driving conditions.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by LS1armyboy
no pics yet, im taking some tomorrow, since it was dark by the time i got home. well the rear rims are chrome and the fronts are silver painted, same style though, the door wont lock if it is open so i have to close it then lock it with the key, need to lube up the antennae,no keyless entry, new wipers, n=a locking gas cap, a lot of simple stuff really. although it has 59k i was told around 60k the timing belt should be replaced, anyone have any info on that? would be helpfull
For the rims, sand them down nicely, and paint them all. That should do the trick for the most part.

I have never been able to lock my door while it is open on any of my Civics. This leads me to believe that it is something Honda implemented in order to prevent you from locking yourself out of your car. Get an aftermarket alarm that features keyless entry. Then, tell your insurance you have an alarm system so you can possibly get a little bit knocked off your insurance bill!

Do you have a power antenna? Or is the stock one stuck where you cannot push it in/pull it out? Wipers are $20, a new antenna is $20, no biggie. What's wrong with your current gas cap?

Old 01-09-2010, 10:10 AM

i know most of that is small stuff, good to know about the door, and my current one doesnt lock.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:14 AM
HCF Member

Welcome.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:02 PM

Thanks

Quick Reply: new to imports and this site