New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Kid Needs Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 01:24 PM
HCF Member
Default New Kid Needs Help!!!

Okay, i just signed up. been having some problems with my civic. figured i could find some answers on the good ol internet.

One day, My lil brother...decided when i wasnt home he wanted to hook up a new sound system i got for My 88 Honda Civic DX.
In his words..he had it in auxillary to test the wires. seeing if they were getting power. then one of the wires touched some metal and Sparked. The Car Shut Down, and since then hasn't been able to Start. I'm Not sure how to fix this, i've checked all the fuses and none are burnt or anything. If there's any help anyone can give me, please E-Mail me at JustinBennett-@hotmail.com

Old 05-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Stinky Administrator
Default RE: New Kid Needs Help!!!

well i don't know much about wiring but it might be a fuse link near the battery you might check that a fuse link is in a wire and when it gets hot it will blow causing you to not get power to the starter hope this helps oh welcome to hcf

Old 05-21-2006, 05:16 PM
HCF Member

Fuse Link will be located whereabouts? in my car...i'll go take a picture of my engine and the wiring (i just took battery out this morning as i was looking around at the wiring and didnt wanna get shocked...again....)

Old 05-21-2006, 05:49 PM
HCF Member

P.S. - I Know it needs to be cleaned [8D] just waiting for my step-dad's air compressor to get back from his job site [>:]

P.P.S. - Feel Free to Take those pictures and edit them in paint....circle things..do whatever if needbe.

Old 05-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Stinky Administrator

like i said don't know much about wiring but in the pic the red arrow they might be around that area and the yellow arrow did you check these fuses and you might want to buy a haynes manal at a parts store the have wiring diagrams in them if this doen't help hold tight someone on the forum might be able to help you better than me

[IMG]local://upfiles/8815/6EAF95A9355942598F43C3BDF669DF00.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-21-2006, 06:33 PM
HCF Member

The Yellow Fuse shown by your Yellow Arrow turned out To be Burnt. thanks a lot =)

Old 05-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Stinky Administrator

cool man did the car start

Old 05-21-2006, 07:27 PM
HCF Member

got no spares...will have to pick one up tomorrow. i'll let ya know though

Old 05-21-2006, 07:51 PM
Stinky Administrator

ok yeah let me know

Old 05-22-2006, 04:50 PM
HCF Member

Went to the Local Canadian tire today and Picked up a spare 60 A fuse. for $4.29 Canadian Dollars. Put it in my Car. And Vrooooom!!! She started Thanks For Everyone's Help be sure to hear from me more on this site. i will have some more questions coming

Quick Reply: New Kid Needs Help!!!