New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New and looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 07:57 PM
HCF Member
Default New and looking for advice

Hi, my name is David. I have a 2002 Civic LX Coupe. I love it. had the car for about 7 months now, and i have put in an AEM V2 SRI, which gave me noticable power, and just put in a generic 4-1 header, which just makes my car sound old. I am on limited funding and I was wondering what I should be workin to next. I was thinking of a DC Sport exhaust that I have had my eye on, and then once I get enough money, rims and suspension. Lemme see what u guys think

Old 12-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Ben
Default RE: New and looking for advice

I'd put rims and tires on it before exhaust, civics look mad ugly with stock hubbies...unless you got the honda rims with it But after the rims i'd say exhaust would be my next mod.

Old 12-05-2006, 04:34 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Ben

I'd put rims and tires on it before exhaust, civics look mad ugly with stock hubbies...unless you got the honda rims with it But after the rims i'd say exhaust would be my next mod.

ditto thats what i did. My first mods were suspension exhaust and then rims. With your Aem your car already sounds nice, and runs better so now you need to work more on the looks of the car. So lower and rims. But i dunno how your stock rims look, because like the dude said above me i had the honda stock rims with the alloy spokes and that was just fine for me, so i lowered it and kept them on for awhile and worked on exhaust and then went and got rims.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:54 AM
HCF Member

I was thinking that in the beginning. Do you know where I could find cheaper rims and tires? Any suggestions on what kind of rims? I was thinking black 5/6 stars with a chrome lip look.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:33 AM
HCF Member

Now that I recalculate my funds...i have about 600, which i set for my exhaust, but if i can find some rims for that much, ill go for that...but i have no idea where to find it

Old 12-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Ben

www.discounttire.com is where i've purchased rims before. Great deals, and you can even look at the rims on your car on that site as well.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:42 PM
HCF Member

i looked at that site..outa my price range for now...
i think i might just stick with getting the DC Sport exhaust until i get some more money, unless sum1 else can point me in a "cheaper" place to get rims

Old 05-07-2007, 07:17 PM

i'd get new rims first. if your rims are whack, then get them replaced. cuz i hate seeing these stock *** civics with a tail pipe. rims are the biggest visual aspect of a car imo.