New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Member!

Old 06-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Default New Member!

Hey guys!

My name is Eric I'm just a college student in Ga who has always had a love for cars. I'm a total noob though when it comes to the stuff but I finally decided I wanna get serious about it.

I just bought a 2000 civic DX sedan automatic transmisson with only 88k miles on it and I basically want to make it a beast.

I'm going for the perfect medium between looks and performance. I plan on having it a long time and making it my greatest treasure.

I read the FAQ and the recommendations for starter mods but I think personally I would like to do wheels first.

Any suggestions?

I attached some pics of my ride

Attached Thumbnails New Member!-my-civic-1.jpg   New Member!-my-civic-2.jpg   New Member!-my-civic-3.jpg   New Member!-my-civic-4.jpg  
Old 06-30-2012, 01:16 PM

First off, don't go bigger than 15's !!! And you should buy lowering springs so that the wheels will look great, DO NOT put huge bumpers and spoilers on it! Only go for a front lip and maybe a rear one too! But I heard that rear lips don't fit right for some reason! I have a sedan with a rear lip and going to remove it so I can put OEM rear mud flaps. And please feel free to ask any questions.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:56 PM

Everything that person^^ just said is right. However, I favor full coilovers rather than just springs.

Your pictures are upside down. Welcome to the forum!

Old 06-30-2012, 09:02 PM

Thank you very much! Ok so you've already answered one of my biggest questions.

Why is it that 15s are the maximum? Is it a wheel well issue?

Also what brands would you recommend? Keep in mind I'm not cheap but I am economical money doesn't grow on trees for me lol. I like black vs chrome btw

Old 06-30-2012, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Everything that person^^ just said is right. However, I favor full coilovers rather than just springs.

Ya i realize that about the pics now I'll get better at that.

So my question for you is, why full coilovers vs just springs?

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 07-01-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:24 AM

No bigger than 15's since the car starts to look like a monster truck with anything bigger. 16's are fine if you have no other option.

Full coilovers give you a shock and spring set-up made for each other. No guess work in anything. The full range of adjustability (sp) is nice, too.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:42 AM

Thank you! big wheels will make your car slow and the ride wont be comfortable not to mention that the wheels will scrap with the inner finders.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:30 AM

No bigger than 15's since the car starts to look like a monster truck with anything bigger. 16's are fine if you have no other option.

Full coilovers give you a shock and spring set-up made for each other. No guess work in anything. The full range of adjustability (sp) is nice, too.
Ok so what kind of offset do I want for 15s?

And I also wanna know how much I should lower it. I'm going for performance and looks at the same time but I'd probably lean a little bit more towards performance in this case because I know how annoying it can be if your car is too low.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:44 AM

Offset is easiest to just stick with anything between +35 - +44. +35 will be a little more "flush" looking than the latter, but also may cause minor rubbing issues when turning (depending on tire size!!!)

I had a set of old school BBS wheels which had an offset of +33 or something, my car was too low and I never re-adjusted the camber kits I have, so they rubbed alot.

I now have a 15" Rota Boost set with a +40 offset (pretty much standard for Hondas). Lowered about 2.25" in the front, 2" in the rear. A few washers in the rear to help with camber, no camber kit up front. Last time I got an alignment, the front had about 2.2° of negative camber, and the rears were about 2° of negative camber, which is not too bad.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:37 PM

Offset is easiest to just stick with anything between +35 - +44. +35 will be a little more "flush" looking than the latter, but also may cause minor rubbing issues when turning (depending on tire size!!!)

I had a set of old school BBS wheels which had an offset of +33 or something, my car was too low and I never re-adjusted the camber kits I have, so they rubbed alot.

I now have a 15" Rota Boost set with a +40 offset (pretty much standard for Hondas). Lowered about 2.25" in the front, 2" in the rear. A few washers in the rear to help with camber, no camber kit up front. Last time I got an alignment, the front had about 2.2° of negative camber, and the rears were about 2° of negative camber, which is not too bad.
perfect. I think I found my wheels I will upload when I make a final decision.

I am now looking for the right tires. I want small tires but I want wide tires. Any sizing preferences or suggestions?

Also good brands?