New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New member....etc.

Old 05-14-2006, 01:21 AM
Default New member....etc.

Hi everyone...bought a 98 EX 2dr. with a 5 spd. used in January of this year....as of right now I've got the following mods:

-Skunk 2 60mm throttle body
-AEM Short Ram
-DC Sports ceramic 4-2-1 2pc. headers
-DC Sports Carbon Steel strut tower bar
-MSD 8.5mm wires
-Denso Iridium Plugs
-Magnaflow hi-flo cat
-Apexi WS2 cat-back
-Arospeed short shifter (I bought a B&M shortie, but need a part to make it fit)
-Lowering springs (unsure of the brand, they were on the car when I bought it....wanna replace them with Apexi WS or Skunk2 coilovers when I can)
-Sparco Lap steering wheel
-Sparco Carbon shift ****
-NRG C/F center console
-Sparco Carbon pedals
-C/F OE Hood
-Sonar A.E. Headlights (wanna replace w/ JDM Type-R units; they keep fogging up...apparently this is common)
-TYC C/F Tails

Next up is a Skunk 2 intake manifold (and finding a place that will port-match my t/b), a clutch and flywheel (unsure which brand, but would like both to be the same), a rear-disc conversion, and a Greddy turbo kit. Hopefully all of this by the end of the year.

Old 05-14-2006, 01:36 AM
Default RE: New member....etc.

quite a nice sounding civic..... happen to have pix of it all?

welcome to the site, you will learn everything you didn't know about civics here, and then some.

and remember, the search engine is your friend.[sm=rockinit.gif]

Old 05-14-2006, 01:47 AM

Thank you...I do love my car, but I get tons of **** from some of the guys in my club for spending so much money on parts....I commonly hear, " I only paid X amount of dollars for Brand X at Autozone (even Wal-Mart!!!!!), you paid too much!"...kinda funny I think. Anyways, all of my pics are on my buddy's laptop, which he conveniently took to Atlanta with him this weekend. I'll upload them when I get the chance.

Old 05-14-2006, 01:54 AM

what car club you in? buying stuff from autozone or wal-mart is just plain dumb. as long as you can get good deals on brand name quality stuff it doesn't matter. being cheap doesn't make you look good or go fast. don't let them get to you.

well anyways, once ur buddy gets back hurry and post those pix.

Old 05-14-2006, 02:12 AM

The club is called "Supremacy Importz" and is based in Hinesville, GA (right next to Ft. Stewart, the armpit of the South, where I'm currently stationed). I joined when they had just barely started...but the club has been around for about 2 mths. or so right now, and has maybe 12 or 13 members, including myself. It's the first club I've ever joined, and I like getting together and talking about our cars, exchanging some ideas, etc....actually, I think I have some pics on the club site, but they're kinda old....taken before the Skunk 2 t/b and the 16" Enkei RS5s which I recently acquired in a trade for my old set of 18" Exel wheels.

Old 05-14-2006, 06:43 PM
HCF Member

welcome to the forum! car sounds really nice, and i think you'll like the 16s much better then the 18s performance wise

Old 05-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Stinky Administrator

hello sounds like you have a nice civic you came to the right forum for info post some pics when you get time

Old 05-16-2006, 02:22 PM

Roommate finally brought his laptop back from Atl., so I should be able to upload them tonight. Gotta install my new intake manifold first, tho. Wish me luck

Old 05-16-2006, 02:31 PM

goodluck...dont f*ck up