New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new member, first honda looking for pictures of stock 4th gens

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 02:27 AM
Default new member, first honda looking for pictures of stock 4th gens

hey all, im new to the honda scene. just got my first one and it's a 1988 hatchback civic. im not planning on racing it out but i would like to restore it to its stock glory with just a few custom touches and then use it as a daily driver. ive mainly played with trucks my whole life and am a 4x4 enthusiast, but i once owned a ford focus that served me well for 230k+ miles before i sold her so i do have a little experience with compacts. i find that forums are the best way to go about getting information and knowledge on projects so here i am. right now i am looking to find as many photos of 4th gen (88-91) civics in their stock form as i can. i would like to get this car looking OE on the inside as much as possible. i am also looking for good websites that specialize in these older civics and have good pricing. im a veteran of sifting junkyards and pretty much do all of the work on my vehicles myself so i guess you could say im a certified DIYer. one thing i dont have much experience on is body work and i am looking for information and tips on how all of the honda heads out there deal with rust spots on body panels. i have a big rust spot that is eating away at my rear quarter panel right under the fuel door.

hope to get some responses soon and thanks. pictures will soon follow!