New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New member - Fixing up my husbands car

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 03:13 PM
HCF Member
Smile New member - Fixing up my husbands car

Hi everybody! My name is Holly. My husband has a 1992 Honda Civic hatchback. It's an SI with a 5 speed manual transmission. He is away in the Army right now and I'm having his car fixed up while he's gone. I want to surprise him with it when he gets home for holiday break in December.
My father-in-law is a mechanic and used to own a body shop - He will be doing all the work to the car.
I basically joined because I'm sure I will have a lot of questions.
I've been planning on doing this for a while, so a few months before my husband left I had him make me a list of everything that he wants done to his car. He was really specific as far as brands or styles so I know I won't be getting the wrong kind of anything or getting something that he doesn't want.
So, yeah, I'm going to try to find the right place to post everything I've found so far and hopefully you all can give me your input and ideas and let me know if I've covered all the details.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:35 AM
August 2010 ROTM

Welcome to the site! You sure are an awesome wife, that's really cool of you to do that for him! He's a lucky man. What are his plans for the car? Lets see some pics of it! We'll all definitely be able to help you throughout your build; you're at the right place! You should start a project page on it.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:50 AM
HCF Member

Welcome Holly! You are a wonderful wife and he is lucky to have married you. You will be surprised at how much help and input you will be able to get here. Thank your husband next time you see him for serving our country.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:58 AM
HCF Member
Thumbs up

Hello Holly. welcome to the site. You're in the right place if you looking for help. I'm fairly new here myself and these guys have been nothing but great help. It's cool to hear of a wife helping her husband like this. But with him serving our country he deserves it, and he must be a good guy if your father is helping (his in-law lol I'm kidding). I'm curious as to the plans of the car as is everyone else. Is it alot of performance parts or body work to make it look nice?

Old 09-18-2009, 07:33 AM
HCF Member

I'm doing a complete motor swap, completely redoing the exterior and most of the interior to match. I'll stop over today and get some pictures of his car now. For being a 1992, it definitely isn't in bad shape - it just needs some help. We just got the motor out on Wednesday and I'm so excited to get everything else going!
Thanks so much guys!