New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Member Here

Old 04-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Default New Member Here

So during this week, i will be attempting to buy a red 99 Civic CX Hatchback with 93k original miles, it has A/C, no pwr steering, no pwr windows or locks, but it does have pwr locks with remote/alarm. And as surprising as this may sound, i have never been into the Honda tuning scene and i don't really know much about it besides the usuall engine swaps and I/H/E mods. First thing that i dont know is if the CX Hatchback has the VTEC SOHC D16 or not. I test drove it and i didn't feel nor hear anything. I think it's non-VTEC, but my brother says that it might be VTEC and that you just can't feel/hear it while it's stock.

So after pruchasing the Civic i was thinking of getting an intake and Header, but if the CX is a non-VTEC, i was wanting to swap to the SOHC VTEC d16, and i was wondering if the intake and header i had would work with the VTEC D16? Also i was thinking of either swaping to a LS VTEC motor from a Integra or boosting the D16 in it. My brother said that if i want to boost the civic then i should leave the non-VTEC motor in it because it has lower compression ratio than the VTEC models, is this true? Thanks for the help, Daniel

edit- Oh and one more question to ask is will I be able to reuse the Intakei'd get while N/A when i boost? Obviously i cant re-use the Header since i'd have to get a Turbo Manifold, but would the intake work or not? anyone have a turbo'd D16 that can help me out? I think the CAI wouldn't work, but a Short Ram intake might work off the turbo... thanks again