New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new member, new car, lots-o-problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Default new member, new car, lots-o-problems

hello everyone!! just recently purchased a new 2007 ex with the navi package. i havent had much time to really inspect the car until a few days ago when i noticed a blemish in the pain and the front quarter panel not sitting flush witht he door. the service manager said the blemish is normal and is due to the welding together of the panels..hmmmm.....sounds strange. he also said the uneven panels was part of the design to reduce wind noise and chips from pebbles, funny tho all the other cars on the lot were lined up nice. i argued witht he service manager for about 20 minutes before i left in my rental because the one problem they were gonna fix-the auto dimming of the nav screen. i called honda direct, explained the problems and i was told i would be contacted within a day or 2. anyone have any input on how to handle this. thanks in advance and glad to be a part of this forum!!

Old 03-27-2007, 01:45 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: new member, new car, lots-o-problems

thats more of a problem with the dealer. guy sounds like he doesnt know what hes talknig about, talk directly to Honda about it. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Old 03-27-2007, 02:01 PM
HCF Member

I have a brother who works in a New car dealer ship, and hetells me storys all the
time of how they beat on the new cars, or sometimes as they back up hit things
then do a quick fix.
Some times it sucks, because good people get them, and they never know.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:10 PM

it is too bad, i am confident that this will be resolved, i paid for a brand new car, i expect a brand new car. i will make it my priority to give them hell (that is if honda corp. doesnt) until my car resembles a new car with only 1200 miles on it. it is just so aggrivating to pay for something new thats got flaws, not too mention the crappy neon they put me in as a loaner, thats almost the worst part of the whole thing.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:20 PM

LOL. youll appreciate your new civic EVEN MORE after driving the neon around.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:30 PM

thanks meeek, made me feel a little better and most definately will appreciate the civic when i get it back, but at least the fenders line up on the neon, lol

Old 03-27-2007, 03:02 PM
HCF Member

you may have to file a grievance with honda of america and see if you can get some mediation with the regional service rep. look in the back of your manual in the dispute resolution section.

it sounds like the dealership is telling you a bunch of bull.

i'd certainly contact honda of america...

Old 03-27-2007, 03:47 PM

thanks for the advice drbyers, i'll keep ya posted on what happens, if i knew how to give that + thing i would

Old 03-27-2007, 04:08 PM
HCF Member

Honda Corp is very very good to their customers. I think they will fix your problem.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:00 AM

ok guys, stilll waiting on call from honda corp in regards to the paint blemish and misalignment of fenders, but dealer called and had me come pick up the vehicle even though the navigation is not fixed. they said they have to do research on the problem (problem is, it does not dim when i turn headlight on half the time), they said it could take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks[:@] i'm starting to think i bought a lemon[:@]any input from you guys??

Quick Reply: new member, new car, lots-o-problems