New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new member, new car, lots-o-problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 11:57 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: new member, new car, lots-o-problems

That dealership deserves a nice backhand.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:23 PM
HCF Member

+1... thats really odd why they would be such a$$es about a brand new car.Also, i figured they would just replace the navi to solve the problem...but could it be a function or something? i would assume not becuase your radio and stuff will auto dim, but its just a thought.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:05 PM

[:@]the problem with the nav is when i turn the light on, the screen stays bright, while it is bright-supposed to be dim-it will dim out if i adjust the a/c, some sort of wiring problem from the factory, I'll try and get some pics of the body problems later when i get off work, my main concern witht eh body problems is when trade in time comes, i dont want the potential buyer to think the car was in a wreck. anyone ever gone through the process of claiming a "lemon"?

Old 03-28-2007, 06:48 PM
HCF Member

I assure you that Honda of America needs to hear about this dealer. I can tell you some horror stories from dealerships. Many of my friends work or have worked dealership mechanic jobs. You should absolutely claim that the car is a lemon, or resolve the issue through Honda. DO NOT TRUST THE DEALERSHIP!!!! Whatever fight you have to go through to make this right will only make your new car that much more appreciated when you finally get it all settled out.

You bought a new car...get your new car. You will be much happier with your Civic knowing that it is exactly what you paid for. If needs be, don't be afraid to get another car exactly like yours (without the blems and navi probs). It may even run better!

Old 03-29-2007, 03:07 AM

i want to thank everyone in this forum for their support!! it seems like everyone "outside" has no enthuiasm in his/her car. Its nice to see others that that appreciate a new car for what it should be and you guys are my support. family is starting to say "be thankful it runs good and the windows work", blah blah blah, they dont understand the value of a car, they have no enthuiasm towards a car. once again, thank you all for your wisdom and support!!

Old 03-29-2007, 08:55 AM

ya HCF is great....anyway on another note i work a dealership every summer when im off from school and can agree that sometimes cars get "quick fix'd" because someone back into something or whatever....and alot of the guys that i worked with like to, what did they call it, "road test" the Si's....but man you should be able to work out everything if not through the dealership, then def. through honda....their a A+++++ company, and they put customer service above all (sounds like a commerical...i should get paid for this)......keep us posted