New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New member, new mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Default New member, new mod

Hey everyone, I'm new and I just made my first mod earlier this week. I think it might be something I could get in to. The car is a 2000 Civic Si, the mod is an AEM short ram intake. I'm loving the extra power and sound at the higher RPMs. Otherwise everything else is stock, though I am interested in making more mainly performance related mods down the line.

Here's a picture of it when it's clean...

[IMG]local://upfiles/28329/EB38FFB374D24425A460095F4D666257.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-16-2008, 09:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New member, new mod

nice start man, keep it clean welcome to the forum, future plans?

Old 01-16-2008, 10:00 PM

Thanks! I'd like to do something with the suspension (but not lower it too much, I'm not a fan of scraping), and maybe throw a turbo in there some day. Of course, that will take some knowledge and money that I am yet to have. I'm hoping to gain the first of the two through this forum!

Old 01-16-2008, 10:04 PM
HCF Member

knowledge before boost ftw

suspension mods should be first (well, next now). Lowering springs, maybe new struts, strut bars, and sway bars are all good ideas. SHort shifter/polyurethane shift bushings/weighted shift **** all good mods too; they are almost my favorite mods i've done because shifting is just so fun now (althoguh watch out for the "Ebay" short shifters breaking on you, i've heard more and more horror stories about them lately [&:] i've been lucky with mine though). Then maybe exhaust and header after that, unless you are going boost, in which case save your header money for a turbo mani and exhaust money for a custom 3" exhaust for once you're boosted

Old 01-16-2008, 10:18 PM

Great, thanks for the info. I definately think I'll make suspension my next point of interest. The question is who to go to for parts/labor...

Old 01-16-2008, 10:32 PM
HCF Member

strut bars are super easy, springs are doable (along with shocks), theres even a DIY for hte springs here on HCF (that i, including many others have used). Its not htat hard, just need compressors, sockets, and LOTS of PB Blaster, along with prolly some new bolts. Couldn't tell you about installing sways, but i dont htink it'd be THAT bad. Short shifter/poly bushings is super easy too, i did it as the same time as my springs while it was up on jacks. Maybe an extra half hour, real easy.Again, theres a DIY for the short shifter in the DIY scetion, and the poly bushings are real easy once you're down there.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:43 PM

Excellent, I'll be sure to check out those DIYs.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:55 AM
HCF Member

Suspension is pretty easy, installed lowering springson my car within 3 hours, without any previous knowladge of suspension. just look for a good DIY.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:43 AM

That doesn't sound bad... Anyone mind telling how much they paid for their parts?

Old 01-19-2008, 04:55 AM
HCF Member

i paid 150 for 2.25" skunk2 lowering springs after shiping.

Quick Reply: New member, new mod