New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Member: Utah

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Default New Member: Utah

Hey everyone!

I was looking through google on headlamp installation and such, and stumbled on these forums!

My ride is a 1993 Civic LX Sedan. I've painted it (Dark blue w/ metallic), tinted the windows, put new wheels and tires on it, got a new rear bumper, and I think that's about it... I don't plan on doing anything other than these few exterior features because I just plan on driving this car for a few more years to save money on gas. I still want to look good though, right?

I've bought some projector headlights and Altezza tail lights that I should be getting today or tomorrow, and will be trying to install them myself (along with my father).

I found this guide for my headlights, and am still looking for a guide for my taillights.

Any help on installing both the headlamps and taillights would be GREATLY appreciated.

Love the forums so far. Very helpful! I like looking at all your rides as well!

Old 07-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Default RE: New Member: Utah

i hope everything works out for you. please take care.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:26 PM
HCF Member

YOu'll notice that the projectors dont put out as much light as the stock ones did... I'd consider buying an HID kit to compensate... plus they look way cool.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:33 PM

ORIGINAL: TheMoogly

YOu'll notice that the projectors dont put out as much light as the stock ones did... I'd consider buying an HID kit to compensate... plus they look way cool.
Aren't HID kits rather expensive?

I would go with the 8000k, but they are 100+, yes?

EDIT~ Also, are you saying the light output will be horrible or just not as much?

Old 07-18-2006, 02:44 PM
HCF Member

YEah they are pricey... you're looking at 300 for it... but in the long run it will be cheaper... when you put in projectors you will be blowing bulbs due to wiring and fuse issues because the car and the projs arent the same... I spent almost 200 just in bulbs over the past 2 years so I finally went HID and they wont blow because they have their own ballast that powers them. My 8ks are easily 4 times brighter than the halogens ever were, I have no regrets for the switch, but I would have rather done 6k because they are going to be overall brighter than 8k. 8ks are VERY blue... bluer than what the internet says... they are BLUE! I can only imagine what 10ks would be... the 6k still are blue, but they are exactly the same as the bulbs in the Audi and BMWs....

Old 07-18-2006, 10:58 PM
HCF Member

What part of Utah are you at?

Old 07-19-2006, 01:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Mad7s

What part of Utah are you at?
Riverton, up by Daybreak (if you know where that is).

Old 07-19-2006, 01:37 PM

WELCOME!

Old 07-19-2006, 07:22 PM
HCF Member

For the tailights it is very easy to install, just a couple of screws and two plugs that have to be unplugged.
As for the headlights, you will have to remove the bumper and there are a lot of screws everywhere, just take your time and make sure you do it in the day.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:40 PM
HCF Member

hey im also from utah, hehe

Quick Reply: New Member: Utah