New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new member, whats up guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 07:56 AM
Default new member, whats up guys

Hey,

I live in Centreville, Va and i drive a clean 95 civic coupe. My budget won't allow an engine right now and i refuse to put any money into my SOHC. i think its a waste. i'm working on my ice right now. after college and a good job i'll do an infamous k-swap for some real power. hopefully by then it'll be cheaper too! inline pro right near me is charging $10K for the labor alone... is that unbelievable or what? good to be here and i hope to learn alot. thanx for all your support (mods and admins) its cool to see that you guys are trying to support all the noobs out there (like me). Kudos gentlemen!

Old 04-10-2006, 08:44 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: new member, whats up guys

What's up, and welcome to HCF!! You know... you will get a lot of encouragement on here to "rock the D" as it has been phrased. For those short on cash, the D series engine has proved to have quite a bit of potential. I used to be bent on a B swap but now I've decided to stick with the D... Anyway, welcome aboard!

Old 04-10-2006, 08:56 AM
HCF Member

Welcome to HCF.

Old 04-10-2006, 01:40 PM

Howdy!!!

Old 04-10-2006, 01:47 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the site.

Old 04-10-2006, 01:53 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

welcome to hcf my friend

Old 04-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Stinky Administrator

welcome to hcf

Old 04-11-2006, 04:20 PM

thank you all. jake, you still have a D in your car? i guess the biggest thing for me right now is the money... because if i had it i wouldn't be at a flat 100whp. it's probably best that i have a slow car... too much trouble already. you have to do SO much to see power . . . i don't have the time or a beater to get around in while my car is shredded either. i'm a dreamer though and i plan to learn here plan out my project to the t and slap it all in when i have the money.

Old 04-11-2006, 04:39 PM
HCF Member

Welcome Taint! You will learn a lot here. Noob here are treated equally. We were all noobs at one time. I run an SOHC, with bolt ons. Basically a full set of lungs (Header, Intake, Exhaust). Dont worry, youll learn the lingo soon enough and no body will kill you for asking questions...

HOWEVER, there are two rules i will give you. A) dont spell Vtec wrong... as a semi joke we used the language filter to opt out v-tek see, look: vtech(the phone). Also... before asking and or have a very good original valid question do not ask the following: "Turbo or Super?" "Short ram intake or Cold air intake?" It has been debated and talked about more times than words in the bible.

Stick around and we will learn ya's[8D]

Old 04-11-2006, 09:43 PM
HCF Member

uh oh...your sead SOHC are a waste!! lol j/k..im kinda with you in the same situation, i got a SOHC non v-tec with only 97,000km and it would be a waste to take it out and i dont really have the money anways and my parents would kill me, just i just got a intake and axle back exhust..working on the rest of my car for now, when the km's get up there and i got some money to spare..speed will be the top priority

Quick Reply: new member, whats up guys