New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Memmber - Tyler, TX

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Default New Memmber - Tyler, TX

Hey everybody!

I just bought a 06 Civic DX Coupe 5MT! Which, btw, is a rather charming and fun car to drive! [sm=gears.gif]
I'm from Tyler, TX (so if you live around there, PM me!)

Now that I do have a vehicle that I can mess around with, I've found that it needs to be faster... (alot of you may argue the point that I should have gotten a Si if I were in the mindset for building a quick car... I couldn't afford it, so that's that. [:@])

Seems like my search for an aftermarket parts has cut me short with only this seemingly ingenious (sp?) product:

A'PEXi V-AFC II

A quick que?tion to anyone who has worked with this product:

When lowering the lobes on the cam in engage the i-VTEC setting, this will not result in higher horsepower but rather a wider powerband thus increasing acceleration? And what seems to be a good RPM to engage i-VTEC from previous experience with older Honda motors? (To my understanding, the check engine light will come on if you run the setting too low on the 2006 models.)

In my mindset, this would be an ideal modification because of not only the i-VTEC controller, but the Air/Fuel Ratio applications. I figured that when the aftermarket for the new Civic catches up, I will be able to maximize and tune the power that I get from each additional modification I decide to embark on...

Another thing... Has anyone purchased a GTech Pro RR? (The data aquistsition (sp.) program) If so, how accurate is it really? I'm kind of shakey about a program that only plugs into your cigarette lighter... How accurate can it really be?

Anyways... I'm hoping that this is a well established forum of many users and look forward to being here...

Old 04-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Default RE: New Memmber - Tyler, TX

Nevermind about the VTEC controller, I've read the ECU forums and have learned a little bit more...
Seems more practical to upgrade to other things...

Old 04-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Stinky Administrator

welcome to hcf the g-tec is very accurate i use mine a lot

Old 04-10-2006, 02:09 PM
HCF Member

welcome, I have family in Tyler and im in Dallas alot.