New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to Modding world. Need help and advice!

Old 05-31-2007, 08:44 PM
Default New to Modding world. Need help and advice!

Yo wassup guys. I am pretty new to the car world and i will be getting a 03 Honda Civic soon. I would like to mod my civic up but i have many questions. If i add a Megan Drift spec catback exhaust, will i see any difference besides the noise? How good are ebay items? Which ones do i know are good? Is there anything i must put in my civic? Any info/advice would be great. i am sort of on a limited budget so keep that in mind. Thanks

Old 05-31-2007, 09:02 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New to Modding world. Need help and advice!

SOME ebay items are ok imo. Short shifters, tie bars, simple things like that. The exhaust need some help like cold air intake and headers <- best thiungs to start with. Just the exhaust you may feel a slight gain in hp.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Lost

SOME ebay items are ok imo. Short shifters, tie bars, simple things like that. The exhaust need some help like cold air intake and headers <- best thiungs to start with. Just the exhaust you may feel a slight gain in hp.
wats that? short shifters? i am super new. i barely understand the FAQ

Old 06-01-2007, 04:43 PM
HCF Member

Welcom
Ashort shifter gives u a shorter through thrgh your gears. but its only for a stick.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:05 PM
HCF Member

short shifters tighten up your shift pattern and make your shifts quicker and feel more solid. I just put my $15 ebay short shifter in and i love it. Almost everything on ebay comes with a risk thouhg, you get what you pay for. There have been stories of the ebay shifters snapping, ebay headers welds breaking, ebay gauges burning out within a month, and various others. Ebay strut bars though are awesome though, and i cant really think of anything bad about them lol and incase you are wondering this is a strut bar:

its that red brace going between the struts ^it reduces chassis flex during turns, it makes cornering alot funner and alot easier (especially at high speeds)

Old 06-01-2007, 05:39 PM

ok thanks, so wat would u recommend me that i can get on ebay? springs? intake? any of those good from ebay? BTW my civic is automatic

Old 06-28-2007, 03:31 PM

any one?

Old 06-28-2007, 09:37 PM
HCF Member

ive bought a short ram intake and 2 sets of springs from ebay, the intake and 1st set of springs were problem free, but the 2nd set of springs gave me nothin but headaches...i'd say an intake is pretty safe to order from there

Old 06-28-2007, 09:40 PM
HCF Member

i've bought a few cold air intakes off ebay and i have never had any problems with them , as far as springs/coilovers i dont know about that.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:31 PM
HCF Member

if you get an intake off ebay, its ok to use the tubing cuz its all the same, but make sure you get a new filter,like and AEM or K&N. As for the exhaust and springs I you can get it on ebay, but make sure its a good brand name. the quality of the springs is not always good from the off band place, and getting a cheap exaust will run the riak of sounding like a weedwacker. but as for the strut bars, save the money and get the ebay ones.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New to Modding world. Need help and advice!