New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New person here with a question

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Default New person here with a question

Hello all,

I have a 2001 civic dx 5-speed 2 door coupe. No frills from the factory. It has a full xenon eurothane body kit, Kamanari rear spoiler, guages, racing tachometer and after market exhaust with 17" enkei rims. I've had the car for almost 3 years. Best car i've ever owned as far as reliability, fuel milage and looks go. My question is i am looking to upgrade to a better engine that i can put performance parts on, intake, turbo, exhaust etc. What are my options? With other engine options will it work with my stock 5-speed transmission or will i have to change that too?

Thanks

Old 06-10-2009, 09:03 PM

i'd get rid of the ugly first.

so the tach is specifically for racing? lolllllll

And here I was, thinking that tachs were for reading the RPMs of the engine. Silly me.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 06-10-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:18 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
No need for this.... at least without pics lol.

So heres your choice you either A) swap to a k series which would involve everything that does anything from the pedals forward swaped to either a si or a rsx. This will cost somewhere around 5k
B) do what almost noone does and build your pos d17. $who knows....

Old 06-10-2009, 10:57 PM
HCF Member

i agree with trust LOL!

but i say you be different and build the d17 and boost it. I mean you probably already stand out, so imagine that thing going vrrrrruuummmm pshttttttt

Old 06-11-2009, 02:59 AM

Thanks jpnolan. What year k series will work?. Same question with the si or rsx, what years?

Last edited by 06_warrior; 06-11-2009 at 05:30 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:48 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction

so the tach is specifically for racing? lolllllll

And here I was, thinking that tachs were for reading the RPMs of the engine. Silly me.
i lol'd

and get some pics up people will take more interest in your thread

Old 06-11-2009, 11:21 AM

Just so everyone can see his edit:

Originally Posted by 06_warrior
Hey trustdestruction what is "get rid of the ugly first" ? and your other silly and childish answers. Did you even finish high school? or did your head explode before your mouth could catch up? I guess there's always one smart @ss on every forum.
"Get rid of the ugly first" means exactly what it says. Get rid of the rice on your car, which from the sounds of it is just about everything you've done to it.

Yes I finished high school. But even if I hadn't, who are you to talk, you're the one stuck in the 90's.

Also, if you would have done a damn search, you'd find that your question has been asked and answered a lot already.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:27 AM
HCF Member

Are we serious right now...... This is why hcf has such a hard time getting and keeping new members.

You can swap any of the k20s alot of good information about this swap can be found at http://www.xproductionz.com/k20swap/k20swap.html or
k20a.org.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:30 AM
HCF Member

lets see some pics. did you lower the car with those 17", what aftermarket exhaust did you get? is this a daily driver?

btw, 06_warrior, no need to come on here and start flaming a well-establish, reputable member here. no need to post up those comment to make yourself more superior here. you can't expect everyone to like your car. body kits, huge exhaust, tall *** spoilers and what constitutes as rice and is what give civic's a bad reputation. trust knows what he is talking about, he is one of the most knowledgeable member on here, so if you don't like what you hear then take your post somewhere else. with your type of comments, doubt many people will help you now.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
lets see some pics. did you lower the car with those 17", what aftermarket exhaust did you get? is this a daily driver?

btw, 06_warrior, no need to come on here and start flaming a well-establish, reputable member here. no need to post up those comment to make yourself more superior here. you can't expect everyone to like your car. body kits, huge exhaust, tall *** spoilers and what constitutes as rice and is what give civic's a bad reputation. trust knows what he is talking about, he is one of the most knowledgeable member on here, so if you don't like what you hear then take your post somewhere else. with your type of comments, doubt many people will help you now.
I started it. lol

Originally Posted by jpnolan
Are we serious right now...... This is why hcf has such a hard time getting and keeping new members.
Honestly, the only people that this talk keeps away are ricers. I consider it a good thing.

When you get overrun by ricers, you get what's happening to Honda-Tech. Tons of ricers are joining Honda-Tech, and all of the frustrated senior members are leaving because they hate V-bulletin and they hate ricers. Now Honda-Tech is mostly a bunch of people giving bad information, and then a few people who actually know what they're talking about.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 06-11-2009 at 12:11 PM.

Quick Reply: New person here with a question