New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to the scene

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 11:52 PM
Default New to the scene

Well I guess I can start with I am new to the whole import scene. I was already bashed on because I have just joined the site and posted a couple of classified ads. I guess there are people who have nothing better to do then talk smack. Anyway, I just purchased an 06 Civic Si. I am waiting for my EVO 2 cat back and AEM Short ram intake to come in. I do not know a whole lot about motors, just enough to get me by and plan on asking a lot of questions in the future when my job allows me enough time off. I hope there are some people on this site that are kind and willing to help. To the ones whose choose to bash over helping, well I hope you never need help from anyone you try to make look stupid. Thanks to all ones that do help and support those of us who really dont know much. I guess I can start out with a question of what performance mod would be most beneficial after my cat back and intake arrive?

Old 11-27-2006, 01:32 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: New to the scene

welcome aboard, matey.

enjoy the si.

and the answer would be "header" of course, but since your car is so new, finding decent headers might be a challenge.

www.8thgencivic.com

Old 11-27-2006, 02:06 AM

Thanks. I have started looking around a bit at some headers, but are there any that will still allow me to pass the emissions testing. Here in Houston, TX it is pretty strict.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:56 AM

I don't think headers will really interfere with emissions...

Old 11-27-2006, 12:13 PM

I was reading something on one of the products and it said something along the lines that it may not pass emmisions testing for all states. I just get a little worried because my county has very strict emission standards. I guess I might need to consult the local speed shop. Thanks.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:40 PM
HCF Member

No emmisions testing FTW!!!!! i love home

Welcome to the forum

Old 11-27-2006, 02:29 PM
HCF Member

Welcome... well, i would think that if DC Sport makes a 50 state legal header, then it would pass emissions, right?

Oh, post some pistures of the ride too!!!!

Old 11-27-2006, 06:05 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I will try to get some good pics up soon. The weather has been horrible. I will update my profile as soon as I get them up. Thanks again all. Looks like I may be asking for a header for XMas.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:30 AM

welcome aboard bro, are you really in the military? if so what branch?

Old 11-28-2006, 12:56 PM

Thanks. I notice the aboard comment, Marine/Navy/Coast Guard? I am now active duty National Guard. Thanks for the welcome.

Quick Reply: New to the scene