New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to this site!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: New to this site!!

I just noticed you're from Holland. I live Grand Rapids, not too far away. You make it into G.R. to cruise much?

Old 03-06-2006, 08:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

I just noticed you're from Holland. I live Grand Rapids, not too far away. You make it into G.R. to cruise much?
The only time I ever go to Grand Rapids is when I'm going to the mall. That's awesome that you don't live far away.

Old 03-06-2006, 08:21 AM

ORIGINAL: LORDofdaRINGS

......get a new boyfriend .......

what direction do you want to go in with your civic? cant tell you what to get untill we know what you want
Why do you say get a new boyfriend? What kind do you think are the best? Well, I'm not going to be racing my car, I just want it to look good but I don't want like too much stuff done to it you know? Like, changing the seats and the dash board colors I won't do. Things that I've considered are, different rims, body kit, tinted windows, head lights and tail lights. Nothing too gaudy. Thanks for replying guys!

Old 03-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Let me know next time you head out this way, I can point you towards lots full of civics for inspiration.

In my opionion...Forget body kits, and look into a lip kit, much more clean looking hat way. Work on your suspension, lower it just a bit on a nice Daily Driver set-up. With that, some strut bars, and a nice set of wheels/tires you'll have a very well handling car, which will make driving a lot more enjoyable.

Then of course do the basic underhood mods. You said theres already an intake and exhaust right? How much exhaust is under there? Cat-back? Header-back? Or am I speaking jibberish at this point?

Old 03-06-2006, 08:37 AM

My car is already lowered, I like it the way that it is now. But what are you supposed to get when your car rides rough. Is it shocks or struts? Or neither? Yes I have an intake already. Oh yeah you're speaking jibberish haha, I think exhausts are something I know absolutely nothing about. All I know is that it's not really loud and it's not really quiet.

Random question - how much is it to switch your transmission from automatic to manual? I heard it was expensive but do you know about how much?

Old 03-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Well, the most probable reason for the rough ride, is that it's lowered on a crappy suspension. Search through the Suspension portion of the forum, theres a few threads about doing away with the "bumpy ride."

A good way to tell exactly how much exhaust you have, is to stick your head under there and check it out. You will most likely be able to tell what is aftermarket, and what is stock. Stock of course will be rustier, and more than likely smaller in diameter. ALso, pop your hood, and see what the Exhaust manifold looks like (it's on the very front of the motor, connecting the motor to the exhaust pipes. If there is an aftermarket header in there, then that's one less thing you'll have to worry about.

Do you have any underhood pics? Or any other pics what-so-ever?

Old 03-06-2006, 09:01 AM

I just went outside to take a picture under the hood and then my camera died so I'm charging my batteries a sec and I will show it. I have more pictures but it won't let me upload them because it says it's too large..??

Old 03-06-2006, 09:06 AM

Here is the engine... sorry it's so dirty haha

[IMG]local://upfiles/8950/EBD5A25DA89440BEA3131627627F23D7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-06-2006, 09:08 AM

This is the most recent picture of my car... I would have showed some of yesterday when I cleaned my car but an hour after I was done it started snowing. I hate Michigan weather.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8950/106D488DF6C04180B364F9EB913091C0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

sweet, that definitely helps. You do in fact have a stock exhaust manifold. So, I would go ahead and get a header, and high-flow cat to finish off the exhaust.

How much cash you got to spend?

Quick Reply: New to this site!!