New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New User, New 95' Civic, and I have questions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 07:14 AM
Default New User, New 95' Civic, and I have questions...

Well, the other day, I dropped $3000 for my first car, the used car dealer wanted $3800. So, I figure this isn't a bad car for my first car (Just turned 18, so I decided to buy myself a car since I've been saving for one since I got a job)

The only real problem I notice, is that when I turn, I hear a clanking/clicking noise, like when you start off on a rollercoaster and you're being brought up an incline. I assume its the CV Joints, but I know almost Nothing about cars.

The real reason I decided to register, is that I want my car to have a little more speed behind it, with me willing to drop around 4,000 or 5,000 on performance, and worry about the appearance later when I have a little extra cash to blow. So, with me knowing nothing about cars, how could I speed it up a little?

Here's some pics I took a couple moments ago. I have absouletly no idea what color this really is...

This is my door, as you can see, there's some torn rubber, so my door doesnt completely seal all the way, which gets pretty annoying while driving.

Talk about one hell of an audio system...

On the passanger side of my car, the side plastic... things... are dented and breaking off... so I need to find a way to fix that... any suggestions?

And that would obviously be my motor and such.

Back of my car

And the car in general. Which I may repaint in the near future, since some of it is chipping already, and I dont really like the color anyways.

Old 06-15-2005, 05:06 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New User, New 95' Civic, and I have questions...

Wow, talk about a blank canvas. You have so many options, but with 4 or 5 grand i would suggest a motor swap. Maybe to the B16? Go in this forum to EG swaps and read some of the older posts and responses. If that doesn't make any sense to it just do a search for anything that pops into your head.