New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New and would like some ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Default New and would like some ideas...

Hi...

I have an '01 Civic EX coupe (Silver).

I've had my car for about a year now and since then I've put new struts and a new camber kit on it. The guy that owned it before me messed my baby up when he lowered it too much...the back was WAY lower than the front and it had 18 ADRs.

Need less to say, after going through 4 18's in two months - which was a total nightmare, I finally changed to 17" ADRs and have had no probs.

Sooo...I'm actually just looking to get some ideason little mods I can do to it (exterior) without making it look trashy. I was thinking about VTEC decals but I just don't know. Also, I found a body kit I liked for around 700...any ideas on how much it costs to get that put on and painted? I have no clue :P

Thanks!

Old 11-30-2007, 03:11 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New and would like some ideas...

::waits for Marty to make the leg humper speech::

First off, welcome to the forum. Hope you like it here and stick around a bit. Secondly, please dont put any decals on her. If anything shaving the badging will make it look way more classy.

SEE?

Old 11-30-2007, 03:14 PM
HCF Member

im going to tell you before people attack no body kits save them for fast and furious HAHA lame lip kits look great and you can paint them yourself or take them down to dealership or bodyshop. headlights tailights are cool. tint is always fun

Old 12-03-2007, 11:52 AM

HAHA thanks for the advice about the decals & the welcome. It looks tacky on most others....I don't know why I thought I might be able to get away with it! :P

Ok, so maybe my civic isn't cool enough for a body kit , but won't that look a little weird to have a kit that's lowerthan the rest of the body solely on the front?

I've already got after market headlights, and I like my stock tailights vs. aftermarket ones. I'm working on the tint...is there anything else creative I can do?? :*(

My other question would be is shaving something people can do themselves or do I need to get a whole new trunk lid and have it professionally attached?

Thank you for all the help and ideas~I'm not sure if I should start posting on another area of the forum. Anyway, I appreciate the help!

Old 12-03-2007, 02:05 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the Forum

PLEASE DO NOT BECOME A RICER WITH LAME DECALS AND BODY KITS
!!!