New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Newbie with 2007 Civic Coupe (want a spoiler instead of "lip")

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Default Newbie with 2007 Civic Coupe (want a spoiler instead of "lip")

Hi everyone

Just got a 2007 Civic 2 door coupe LX in Metallic Gray. Like it a lot but I want a more aggressive sporty look with a real spoiler instead of the lip stock spoiler. I couldn't afford the Si and besides I don't drive stick.

I was told by the dealer you can't install a spoiler to this car because the lip spoiler is there and even if you took it off, the screw holes would be off or something? is this true? i'm sure there's some aftermarket solution...I've seen spoilers on ebay for $200ish...what's the average price on a part like this? Would it be possible to put the Si spoiler on this? Or is there an aftermarket parts spoiler? How much do most places charge you to install? I don't want to be drilling holes into the trunk unless I need to...

Old 11-18-2006, 09:27 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Newbie with 2007 Civic Coupe (want a spoiler instead of "lip")

if you cant find an aftermarket to fit it, try getting a trunk door replacement and then get a spoiler and drill holes in that so that you dont have lots of holes in your current trunk door. it seems like the more logical thing to do if you cant find a solution. i hope i have helped you any even though i didnt answer your question

Old 11-18-2006, 09:33 PM
HCF Member

Or you could put that money to good use and buy a cold air intake or something that will actually make your car better. Or if you want the better stance, consider buying lowering springs. For the price of that ricey spoiler, you could lower your civic or give it a little extra HP. But its your call.

EDIT: If you mean that you want the stock spoiler off an SI or something, then thats cool. But dont buy a huge carbon fiber POS that wont do you any good.

Old 11-18-2006, 09:36 PM

no, i'd be very happy with the si spoiler, but the dealer told me it couldn't be done; i'm not sure why (maybe he's just saying that), but if it can be done i'd like to replace the lip spoiler with the si spoiler or something comparable.

Old 11-18-2006, 09:46 PM
HCF Member

The dealer just wanted you to go with the SI instead of your model. Just take the old spoiler off and drill the holes needed for the SI spoiler. Or do what vectra said and get a trunk off the SI and you will have the spoiler or at least the proper trunk to install one on. Its not impossible, the dealership guys are retarded. They only know what the manuals tell them

Old 11-18-2006, 09:53 PM

do places sell si trunks/spoilers? or would it be cheaper just to buy the si spoiler and install it? i'm not sure how the lx lip is installed but i'm supposing it's also drilled? if there's adhesive or something will peeling it mess up the paint, etc?

i've never heard of buying an entire trunk lid replacement before, sounds complicated and expensive.

anyone know of reputable place to get an si spoiler? or is there an aftermarket that comparable? do you know how much it costs to have someone install it for you?

Old 11-18-2006, 10:08 PM

saw these two auctions, for ex; they claim you can add this on top of the lip so you wouldn't have to remove it?

is fiberglass or the ABS plastic resin better? they say fiberglass chips?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...spagenameZWDVW

Old 11-18-2006, 10:18 PM
HCF Member

idk seems like what you need but its ebay stuff so idk. I would look on ebay for people selling the trunks off their wrecked civics, but since they are new cars there wont be that many yet.