New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Default NEWBIE

Hello! I hope to be the proud new owner of an 06 EX Coupe w/ MT! If all works out I will have it by weeks end. My husband needs to look at some budget issues tonight. We decided not to put the deposit down today, so think happy thoughts for me! It may be gone by morning [] If not though - IT WILL BE MINE!!!

We're getting killed on the trade, but I can't say we were surprised. In the end it will still be less expensive to own the Civic than my big gas guzzling behemoth SUV (that's out of warranty and been a service nightmare from the first 3 months!)

Anyway, hope to be posting tomorrow with good news!

J

Old 05-22-2006, 03:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: NEWBIE

welcome to the forum!!..good luck!!

Old 05-22-2006, 04:03 PM
HCF Member

Awesome! Im excited for you. Welcome to the forum. I hope it works out. You will not be dissapointed. My civic hase been out of warrenty since 2001 and it still hasnt given me crap (well the tranny f'd up on me but thats mainly my fault) yet!

Old 05-22-2006, 04:21 PM

Thanks for the good thoughts!! I hoping my husband will walk in and say - "go ahead, write the check". I could have it by tomorrow. I have never been very patient and I want so badly to call the dealership and see if it's still there. OK, deep breath! I can wait until tomorrow.

J

Old 05-23-2006, 12:19 AM
Stinky Administrator

cool hope you get it good luck. welcome to the forum

Old 05-23-2006, 10:10 AM

WOOOHOOO!!! All the money stuff is worked out and I'm getting the car! Called this morning and it's still there. Now the possible down side... My husband wants me to go drive it, pick up my daughter from school, come home... Basicallly make sure that I can deal with a coupe and kids. The receptionist at the dealership has already said "nope you won't like it". So the dealership agreed to let me do this. If it's not going to work we'll order a MT sedan. I'm sure I will still enjoy driving it just as much, I just REALLY like the looks of the coupe. Oh, and I guess I'd have to change my login name: 06EXsedan - Blah! Oh well, the car has to be functional as well as fun!

Keep you all posted. If it's the sedan it will could be up to 4 weeks to get one. Makes sense, not to many MT sedans made. They may be able to do a dealer trade, but then I may not be able to be to choosy on the color. Always somethin'

Thx - Have a super day!

J

Old 05-23-2006, 10:36 AM
HCF Member

Well, if you end up getting the sedan, let me know, I can change your name for you.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:18 PM

Hey Remmy can you change my name from 06 honda okanagan to 06 civic okanagan?

thanks,

Old 05-23-2006, 12:29 PM

Congrats, what color are you getting?

Old 05-23-2006, 01:41 PM

PHEW!! It's all done. Both kids can get in and out without issue. My older can work the passenger seat and open or close the door from the inside. They both LOVE the car. Especially the fact the kool "stuff" holders on each side. My younger asked where the other back seat is. Hee Hee! Our SUV has the third row seat. He didn't seem to bothered by that though. I pick up MY new Galaxy Grey EX Coupe tomorrow morning at 10:30am.

Thannks for the good thoughts! Everything worked out perfectly!

Oh, I did manage to stall it out 2x! I've been driving a stick since 1984! It's so quiet I either way over gas it and get embarrassed or stall out. [sm=oopssign.gif] I feel like a kid again. No biggy, I'll have lots of time to get the happy medium.

Thx, J

Quick Reply: NEWBIE