New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Newbie from Austin,Tx

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 05:18 PM
Default Newbie from Austin,Tx

Hi all, I just started looking at replacing my d16y7 which lead me to your doorstep. I have a 1998 honda Civic LX (Yup a 4dr) but with 215,000 miles on the odometer I thought it may be time to start looking into what can be done to this little car. It is a great car but a bit anemic. I think I would like to get a replacement motor and upgrade some performace aspects of the engine while keeping it smog legal. So I came to this site so I can read and obtain information from many of you knowledgeable honda enthusiast. Thanks for reading my banter and I look forward to all the insite you can provide.

Phil Green
Hutto, TX

Old 01-01-2011, 08:15 AM
HCF Member

hey i got a 1998 black 4 door lx too and i did a fair bit to it but personaly i like the d16y7 motor its strong and its dosent break that easy al long as its been taken care of when it needs to. but i run my car hard almost every day i have red line mine all the time i have been trying to kill my motor so it gives me a reason to rebulid it lol. but i have a full racing exhaust with Dc headers a short ram cold air intake it has a performance cam it has been borred and stroked(i didnt do the work the guy i bought it from did that job) so i find it plenty fast for what i need right now i also have a fully adjustable struts and white mugen rims and hid lights and i am almost done my body kit i just put on R34 style front body kit and side skirts but looking for a back peace now but i have found out of all the cars i have owned there is slot of stuff out there to make them look good and go fast if you have any questions about stuff on this car PM me

Old 01-01-2011, 06:45 PM

Thanks Grant for your thoughts. Do you have a picture of your car so I can see the modifications. My car is 100% stock and has been well taken care of up to this point. But is burning just a bit of oil but nothing major. I also have a 1972 Buick Gransport that is 449hp and a 1923 Ford T roadster. I thought I would like to try and upgrade the Honda as well. Attached is a picture of my Buick.

Thanks
Phil Green

Attached Thumbnails Newbie from Austin,Tx-capture3.jpg  
Old 01-07-2011, 10:16 AM
HCF Member

i dont have a pic up yet but i will soon becasue the only time i can use this forum is when i am at work lol but ya i willl put some good pics of the body kit motor and all the goodies i have done to my car. but whats the style you are planning to do to your car are you going ricer with a big body kit and really loud muffler or sleeper

Old 01-08-2011, 06:43 PM

I think I like the sleeper style the most. I think sleeper/classy is my way of thinking.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:32 AM
HCF Member

well i use to like that look but i couldnt get enough power out of my D16y7 to make it a sleeper and i wasnt able to do a motor swap so i just did the motor up as much as possible and made the body look nice