New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Newbie to the civic forum, need suggestions please

Old 06-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Default Newbie to the civic forum, need suggestions please

Hey all,
My younger brother just bought a 97 civic dx. He's really excited about this car and I wanted to get some small mod for him as a congratulations on the new car.

His car is currently missing the front grill. I looked on ebay and see all these type-r grills but they have that fake carbon fiber look to them. Does anyone know of any reputable vendors or sites?

I tried searching this site but I couldnt seem to find a listing of different sites and vendors stickied anywhere. I apologize for the question because I'm sure this has been covered several thousand times.

If anyone has any other sites or forums or threads pertaining to a 97 civic I'd greatly appreciate it because I'd like to help him get started out with modding but I dont know anything about the civic world. (I'm a lancer guy myself).

Also what generation bodystyle does the 97 fall into? I've seen the 92-96 models get lumped together, and the 97-00 styles get lumped together. But I've also seen ebay sites selling grills for 96-98 styles...Are the grills all the same or are the ebay ones wrong?

Thanks for any help, becasue I know its probably annoying that people like me come on and ask the same questions all the time.

Old 06-27-2005, 06:42 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Newbie to the civic forum, need suggestions please

Our man Corye03 just put in a new grill. Check it out: New grille pics

A '97 would be considered a 6th generation (96-00).

Tell your Bro to come register when you give him his new grille.

Old 06-27-2005, 06:46 PM

The 97 Civic is in the 6th Generation class (from 96-00).

The greatest congratulations gift you could give your bro (and the least expensive), would be a membership to www.HondaCivicForum.com
It's FREE and he'll get lots of info from it. He'll love ya for it, and say you're the best bro anyone could ask for!

Old 06-27-2005, 08:26 PM

thanks guys any reputable sites you guys could recommend?

Old 06-27-2005, 08:49 PM
HCF Member

there are a couple of small differences in the 6th gens. the 96-98 has a little different interior, tailights, and front end. you need the grill for the 96-98. sorry i dont have any specifics for you.

Old 06-27-2005, 10:12 PM

ORIGINAL: sacicons
there are a couple of small differences in the 6th gens. the 96-98 has a little different interior, tailights, and front end. you need the grill for the 96-98.
Yeh, if you wanna get specific about all that, sacions is right. Also, the 99-00 front end has a spot for the fog lights where the 96-98 doesn't. Mostly small cosmetic differences.

Old 06-27-2005, 10:12 PM

thanks for the tip.

Also, are there any other style taillights besides the altezza ones. I was thinking about getting them for him as well but he doesn't like any of them. Does anyone offer a tinted or smoked look. Or just a style different from the altezza look?

I found him some projector headlights on ebay for about $85 plus shipping. Good deal or cheap product?

Old 06-27-2005, 11:45 PM

ORIGINAL: timdog4life

thanks for the tip.

Also, are there any other style taillights besides the altezza ones. I was thinking about getting them for him as well but he doesn't like any of them. Does anyone offer a tinted or smoked look. Or just a style different from the altezza look?

I found him some projector headlights on ebay for about $85 plus shipping. Good deal or cheap product?

Welcome, Im a lancer guy myself!

Anyway, as for the taillights try to pick some up that are OEM off of a 99-00 civic coupe. They will be half red and half clear/white. Those look the best IMO

Old 06-28-2005, 12:53 PM

Thanks for the suggestion on the tail lights. I noticed a few mentioned that the tails from the 99-00 differ from the 96-98 model, but do they only differ in style. Or is it dimension as well. I'm assuming by the suggestion its a direct swap.

Old 06-28-2005, 09:12 PM
HCF Member

tails are a direct swap. and i second the opinion. do the 99-00 tails[sm=smiley20.gif]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbie to the civic forum, need suggestions please