New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Newbie Dooby Doo!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Default RE: Newbie Dooby Doo!!

WELCOME! not bad..

Old 08-12-2006, 12:42 AM

I love that color! My next car is going to be a color real close to that.

Old 08-12-2006, 07:22 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

sweet, im glad you found the info on the mini me

are you going to do it then?

Old 08-12-2006, 10:25 AM
HCF Member

Talk to Chimera02EX here on HCF as he is the 7th gen guy and knows alot about them. Welcome to the forum and nice car

Old 08-12-2006, 08:02 PM
HCF Member

Nice color, but I think it attracts a little too much attention. Car looks real clean.

Old 08-12-2006, 09:56 PM

Chikara isn't bad, but that is only your A pipe, what you should look into is a Megan Racing header if you have a low budget. Or if you really want that Chikara see if you can find a Random Tech cat with the B pipe attached.

A mini-me is definately possible, all you would need is an EX cylinder head, ECU, and Vtec solenoids, I would check the FAQ on it make sure you dont need anything else. Definately do your research before you dive in.

Old 08-13-2006, 02:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Chimera02EX

Chikara isn't bad, but that is only your A pipe, what you should look into is a Megan Racing header if you have a low budget. Or if you really want that Chikara see if you can find a Random Tech cat with the B pipe attached.

A mini-me is definately possible, all you would need is an EX cylinder head, ECU, and Vtec solenoids, I would check the FAQ on it make sure you dont need anything else. Definately do your research before you dive in.

Hi and thanks for the info! Do you have any recomendations on where to get a Megan Race header for my application with all the needed hardware and at a decent price? As far as the mini-me goes, I am reading as much as I can about the process... didn't realize how involved it actaully was though. I originally thought I just bolted on the new head and was done. I understand having to get the new ECU (I think) or can I jest get mine reflashed to make it work? If this is a bad idea or not possible then, sorry... I'm an ignorant newb (but want to learn)!

What solinoids do I need? I used to here my Dad talk about them when I was a kid but I am not sure where they are and which ones I need if more than one kind/place.

Thanks again,
Neo-Tracer

PS-Spelling might be shot on this post but I am beat!

Old 08-13-2006, 07:58 AM

Do you have any recomendations on where to get a Megan Race header for my application
If you are comfortable with Ebay, they will have good deals on there, otherwise just google Megan header and start clicking links and comparing.
After a quick look it seems Megan makes only for the EX, no problem, just pick up an EX cat-back exhaust at the same time, or look at other companies that make for the LX.

I understand having to get the new ECU (I think) or can I jest get mine reflashed to make it work?
Need a new one, no one reflashes OBD2, you can find the ECUs on Ebay.

What solinoids do I need?
The Vtec solenoids.

If you have $40 go out ASAP and get a Chilton or Haynes manual, they are very helpful, and definately the best $40 bucks I spent on my car.

Old 08-13-2006, 05:38 PM

Sweet! Thanks for the info just went out picked up a Haynes manual! Thanks again for all the info everyone.

-Neo-Tracer

Old 08-15-2006, 09:18 PM

Hey again,

I was just informed from a guy that I work with that I just have an exhaust tip installed and not a cat-back. I was wondering how I can tell for myself or if he is just full of ****. If you need more pics or info just let me know.

Thanks,
Neotracer

Quick Reply: Newbie Dooby Doo!!