New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

newbie i am

Old 06-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Default newbie i am

Ok, so for the longest time I said, "Damn civic owners think they are damned race car drivers." that and I had horrible discrimination problems with cars. If it wasn't American made I didn't want to even get in to it... (thanks dad) that shortly changed. I was fortunately forced to drive a nice 2k two door civic ex, I love the damn thing, except *sigh* its an automatic.

Now on to my sob story, I have recently been faced with quite a perdicament, my boss T-Boned a Taurus, because they pulled out in front of him... how you don't see a blue civic that is that loud... totaly beyond me. Never the less, he is selling his 91 hatchback si now, very nice except for some frontal damage, like $800. I was wondering if it is remotely possible to drop that motor and trans in to my 00 civic, I understand the pain it will be to hang a new clutch, my worries are more like wiring harness, ECU, length of time, and so on. PLEASE help, could it be worth it, or totaly scratch the idea?