New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Newbie from Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Default Newbie from Indiana

Hello -

I'm in the process of digging up funding to buy my first new car. I just returned to grad school and my '95 Crown Vic with about 180k miles (it's got the landau roof...oh yeah) is starting its death spiral.

I'm looking at a new 8th gen Civic LX or EX with a 5 - speed but also considering the Fit. Any thoughts/ideas on which one to pick? I do like the versatility of the Fit, but the all around comfort of the Civic seems like a better deal.

Thanks

Old 08-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Default RE: Newbie from Indiana

on a side note, this is a hilarious video from the uk tv show Top Gear featuring a Civic Type-R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB9Wfl7iqZU

Old 08-11-2006, 09:10 PM
HCF Member

snag the EX manual. You will be happy.

Old 08-11-2006, 09:25 PM

I'm thinking an EX would be the way to go. Does anyone know if the the drums on the DX/LX make a big difference in pedal feel & braking performance?

Old 08-11-2006, 11:04 PM

WELCOME! i believe about 70% of the braking power comes from the front brakes and i doubt theres much of a difference between the dx and lx drum brakes.

Old 08-12-2006, 07:21 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

hey man welcome

what part of indiana are you from?

Old 08-12-2006, 01:49 PM

Hey I'm from south-eastern indiana. I've never driven the fit but if I could buy any car I'd go with the new SI but if that's totaly out then the EX or LX would be great. I just got my first civic EX and I love it but I guess it really depends on what you're using it for. I'm driving back and forth between school and my girlfriend every weekend so realiability and MPG were important. And insurance on the SI I looked at was way too much. But as far as just the car I'd go with the Civic.

Old 08-12-2006, 05:04 PM
HCF Member

welcome. go w/ the ex

Old 08-12-2006, 07:21 PM

ORIGINAL: shep

Hey I'm from south-eastern indiana. I've never driven the fit but if I could buy any car I'd go with the new SI but if that's totaly out then the EX or LX would be great. I just got my first civic EX and I love it but I guess it really depends on what you're using it for. I'm driving back and forth between school and my girlfriend every weekend so realiability and MPG were important. And insurance on the SI I looked at was way too much. But as far as just the car I'd go with the Civic.
same here i got the ex and am very happy with it and yeah insurance was a big deal too...plus it takes premium gas only so that was a big factor

Old 08-12-2006, 07:54 PM
HCF Member

How bad is insurance for the si? So far I have not renewed it I just tranfered it from another civic I had and they kept the same price. How much extra do you have to pay?

Quick Reply: Newbie from Indiana